<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Your main objective is to open the new ACF base in Mueda and implement a wide range of activities in order to grow the ACF’s operations in the area of intervention. As Field Coordinator your major responsibilities include:
– Coordination of ACF country strategy implementation at field level in the North base
– Manage the overall program implementation at field level
– Ensure the security and safety of the staff in the area of intervention
– Guide, support and lead the team of the North Base
– Facilitate good relationships with the coordination team
– Represent ACF and liaise with regional authorities, UN, NGOs at field and regional level
– You hold a Master’s Degree, ideally in Humanitarian Program Coordination, International Development, International Relations
– You have at least 3 years of field experience in operational management of humanitarian programs in a similar role
– You have experience in emergency contexts
– You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a managerial role
– You have experience in security and safety management in volatile environments
– You have excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
– You are passionate about management, and have the ability to support and empower your team
– You have excellent adaptable skill and cultural awareness and are able to work with various nationalities
– You are fluent in English and Portuguese (Italian and Spanish speakers can also be considered for the position)
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– Duration: 6 months
– Type: Fixed-term contract under French legislation
Retribution and benefits :
– Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 EUR upon experience
– Per diem and living allowance: 167EUR + 260EUR (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
– + 450EUR as country allowance
– + 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
– + child allowance
– 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
– 25 days of paid leaves per year.
– + 20 RnR per year.
– + 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©]]>
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here