Created in 1979, Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization that fights against hunger in the world. Its charter of humanitarian principles – independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been the basis of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by ending hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of undernutrition, especially during and after emergencies related to conflicts and natural disasters. Action Against Hunger coordinates its programs around 5 areas of activity: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019,www.actioncontrelafaim.org
YOUR POSITION AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Country Director, your main task will be to guarantee the logistical performance of the mission and coordinate its implementation to provide the best support to the programs.
More precisely you will be in charge:
- To contribute to the definition of the mission strategy
- Coordinate logistics at the national level
- To manage international transport in connection with the head office
- To implement the mission’s security policy
- To promote and ensure collaboration and logistical coordination with the partners of the mission
- To prevent and manage situations of fraud and corruption
- To supervise and support the Logistics team in the capital and be the functional manager of the Logistics Managers on the bases
Coming from a higher education in Logistics and / or Transport, you have at least 5 years of experience in a logistics management position in the humanitarian environment.
You have developed a real expertise in humanitarian logistics, a mastery of supply chain procedures (inventory management and site management in particular) as well as the fundamentals of the management of a fleet of vehicles and motorcycles.
You are able to manage the maintenance of structures and the safety of goods and people.
You are recognized for your managerial skills. You know how to manage a team in a multicultural context, you are organized and diplomatic. You don’t hesitate to delegate when necessary and know how to show leadership.
Finally, mastery of the LINK platform would be a plus.
YOUR CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- 12 months of fixed-term contract of use of French law
- Gross monthly starting salary from 2450 to 2800 EUR depending on experience
- Per diem and monthly living expenses: 691EUR net, paid on the ground.
- Monthly context allowance: 450EUR
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens.
- Transport and accommodation: Support for travel and collective accommodation
- Medical coverage: 100% of health contributions (CFE + complementary health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leave and RnR: 25 days per year, 20 RTT per year and 215EUR paid during the recovery period
- Training: Unlimited and free access to the e-learning platform certifying Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on this following link: apply here