<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Representative – Programmes, you are responsible for guaranting the quality, relevance and scaling of Nutrition and Health strategy and interventions at the mission.
More precisely, your mission will be:
– Set-up of the Nutrition & Health sector at mission level, technically oversee the implementation of programmes and projects ensuring quality;
– Contribute to defining the country strategy as well as the Nutrition & Health strategy;
– Contribute to the position of ACF in country in the Nutrition & Health sector;
– Coordinate the identification of needs and formulation of project proposals;
– Set-up of the UNICEF Nutrition project
You have a medical background with a specialization in nutrition, public health, or general medicine. You also have at least 5 years experience in the field of humanitarian context, including at least 3 years in a coordination position, experiences with ACF is a plus. You demonstrate experience in the management of malnutrition, in healthcare organizations support and in the implementation of humanitarian responses in an emergency context (with emphasis in community-based prevention activities as well as in maternal and child health). You have experience in outbreak responses is a plus. Ideally, familiar with nutrition survey methodologies (SMART, NCA, SQUEAC, etc).) and in the setup of cholera control and IMCI interventions. Fluent in English (oral and written) and either Portuguese, Italian or Spanish.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 2 months fixed term contract under French legislation, with possibility of extension to a total of 6 months depending on budget availabiity.
– Monthly gross salary from 2450EUR to 2800EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 167EUR + 260EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 150EUR
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (CFE + complementary health) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here