Chemonics seeks an accountant for the anticipated USAID Bureau of humanitarian Assistance (BHA) funded Regional Disaster Assistance Program (RDAP). The accountant is expected to be able to manage direct reports and deliver outstanding quality work products, support the delivery of the program, maintain the highest compliance and ethical standards while supporting all aspects of this regional program delivery, during and between disasters. Individuals with experience working with BHA on disaster management and response programming are highly encouraged to apply. This program is in the proposal stage and the position is contingent upon the future solicitation and USAID’s award decision for the new program. Location for this role is San Jose, Costa Rica, with expected travel to other countries in the region, depending on project needs. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Manage contract expenditures according to federal acquisition regulations and procedures, ensuring compliance with U.S. government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), USAID Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR) and USAID Automated Directives System (ADS)
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial policies and a system of internal control in conformance with best practices, federal regulations, and Cadmus’ ISO-related procedures
- Train project finance and operation personnel in program-specific financial procedures
- Develop a cash flow plan for overall programmatic and contract activities
- Oversee financial management of expenses associated with country plan allocations, contract of services, and procurement of goods
- Develop metrics for program financial success, including identifying internal control weaknesses and implementing enhanced business practices to strengthen the system of internal control
- Prepare financial monthly and quarterly reports for Project
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or related field, with 7-10 years of accounting and/or finance related experience. An advanced degree with 10 years of experience in the international development area is highly desired
- Native Spanish and professional proficiency in English is required
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements and U.S. Government contracting
- Past relevant experience working with a professional services consulting firm, USAID-funded project, and/or the federal government is highly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Quickbooks
- Ability to handle a high-volume workload and maintain a positive and professional attitude
- As a representative of Chemonics, possess the ability to demonstrate professionalism and sound judgment in interactions with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Accountant” in the subject line to LACRDAP@chemonics.com at your earliest convenience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Submission deadline is August 25, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/