HEKS/EPER pursues the vision of a just world where the dignity of everyone is respected, peace reigns and the natural environment is conserved. In the framework of the 2030 Agenda, we work in the four thematic priority areas of “Climate justice”, “Right to land and food”, “Flight and migration”, and “Inclusion”. HEKS/EPER also provides humanitarian aid for people affected by natural disasters and armed conflicts. The goal is to induce change at the social, economic and political levels. HEKS/EPER helps improve the living conditions of people in Switzerland and around the world, claims their rights, and to this end, mobilizes and raises awareness on the part of society, policy-makers, business and churches.
We are therefore looking for an experienced person, based in Jersualem and starting as soon as possible as
Admin Finance Assistant, based in JerusalemYour main responsibilities:
Finance and administrative
- Support the preparation of bookkeeping of HEKS/Office and projects under the guidance of the Admin Finance Officer according toHEKS/EPER policy
- Handle the petty cash at the HEKS Office, register and file in line with the applicable procedures of HEKS/EPER
- To carry out the administrative organization of all data on payments and receipts of the office costs and keeping records of all financial data
- To compile various financial documents, verify their accuracy, and ensure compliance with established policies
- Responsible for managing the office P.O box
- Responsible for the office maintenance and other office related services.
- Ensure that HEKS/EPER capital asset inventory information is recorded. Ensure the proper use and maintenance of HEKS Office equipment and office supplies, bringing any problems to the attention of the Admin Finance Officer
- Assigning equipment to new staff and ensuring proper hand over of assets from leavers
- Maintain cars of HO insurance, license and any other related issues, through contract management of service providers
- Under the guidance of the Admin Finance Officer to ensure that HEKS Office purchases & services are done according to HEKS/EPER policy
- Administrative support regarding the logistics (accommodation bookings, transport, visas) of program activities during visits from HQ delegations.
- Document meetings and other activities of HEKS/EPER and share with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure permits, visas for HEKS/EPER staff and partners are issued on time
- Ensure the contact list of the office and staff are up to date and shared regularly with staff
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for the project documents (Proposals, Narrative reports, Financial reports) to accommodate all aspects of the HEKS/EPER work
- Support the Program Director and Admin/Finance Officer in organizing and conducting consultants’ and partners’ visits, training sessions and meetings
- Maintain and update contact details of partners
- Support the Admin Finance Officer to follow-up with partner on project implementation including field visits and report review
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description as well as to provide support in other areas when necessary
To be successful you bring:
- Diploma or BA degree in economics, finance, or similar field with at least 3 years of experience in a finance function preferably in the NGO or INGO sector. With a good background in bookkeeping, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Excellent analytical and conceptualization skills as well as excellent planning and organizational skills; Excellent IT skills (specifically MS Excel and accounting software)
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, Arabic skills and Hebrew are required
- Driving license with flexibility to conduct periodic partner monitoring trips to Gaza, West Bank, and Jerusalem
- Key qualities: diligence, attention to detail, efficiency, team player, professionality, solution-oriented, as well as ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines, in complex environments
What you can expect from us:
- A national position with duty station in Jerusalem
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position
- Duration 6 months (possible extension)
How to apply
Would you like to join the HEKS/EPER team? We are looking forward to your complete application in English (CV, Cover letter and certificates) exclusively via our online portal.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/