COOPI is looking for a DESERT Project Administrator in Niger
COOPI is present in Niger from 2012 with a coordination office in Niamey, active bases in Diffa, Agadez, Dosso and Tillabéri. Since 2014, COOPI is committed to responding to various crises such as the Lake Chad from the border with Mali and Burkina Faso , food insecurity, malnutrition and the problem of asylum seekers from refugee , displaced. COOPI Niger intervenes with the financial support of the delegation of the European Union, ECHO, UN agencies (UNHCR, UNFPA, UNICEF, FAO, UNICEF), USAID / OFDA and DDC. Ongoing interventions are targeted on protection , emergency education ,mental health , food security , the fight against malnutrition and disaster risk reduction in various areas of Niger. The target beneficiaries are the most vulnerable people such as children, women, people with disabilities, the elderly who find themselves between the displaced, asylum seekers, refugees and those living in the most rural areas. remote.
Environmental Sustainability and Economic Stabilization on the Transit Route (DESERT)
The general objective of the project is to contribute to regional stability and better management of migration by setting up an ecosystem that promotes the development of MSMEs for the entire region of Agadez and intervening in particular in the Municipality of Agadez. , through the installation of an incubation center at the University of Agadez (UAZ) and two farm schools on land made available by the Town Hall of Agadez thanks to an agreement between the university and the Town Hall itself. However, thanks to the collaboration with CIPMEN and the University of Agadez, the project will in fact be able to reach a sufficient number of beneficiaries who reside outside the Municipality of Agadez itself,entrepreneurial activities for the benefit of a much larger geographic area.
We encourage international staff present in the country to apply.
Admin / finance management
- Ensures the correct management of project accounts in accordance with Coopi procedures and those of donors;
- Ensures the correct management of the project cash flow (cash and bank) and monthly reconciliation (physical and with our accounting software Desy) in collaboration with the project manager;
- Regular updating of the project’s financial data in accordance with the financial data of the country administration;
- Checks with the Project Manager and presents the consolidated monthly expenditure forecast to the country administrator for the monthly request for funds;
- Ensures the regular updating of the accounting and computerized accounting instruments of the project in order to allow the monitoring and control of expenditure;
- Guarantees the financing of the project through the financing sheets, while respecting the forecast of expenditure drawn up and solicits those of the partners of the consortium;
- Supervises the payment of monthly fiscal and social taxes
- Ensures the passage of administrative, accounting and financial instructions between project managers and between accounting assistants;
- Ensures the budget modification and amendments , in collaboration with the project manager, the country administrator, the program manager
- Ensures the drafting of the interim and final financial reports of the project in collaboration with the Project Manager, under the supervision of the Country Administrator
- Ensure the preparation of documentation for project audits in collaboration with the Project Manager and under the supervision of the Country Administrator
- Electronic archiving of administrative and accounting documents related to the project.
- Collaborate in updating asset inventories
- Ensures the regular verification of purchasing and supply operations in close collaboration with the country logistics coordinator, in accordance with the procurement plan in accordance with the procedures of the donor and COOPI
- Ensures the control of supporting documents , contracts with suppliers
- Checks compliance and compliance with tax law ;
- Actively participates in the process of requesting VAT exemption in accordance with tax law.
- In collaboration with the HR administrator, ensure the administrative management of national project staff in accordance with the Country Labor Code and the Coopi HR manual;
- Supervises and trains staff Administrative national assigned to the project in collaboration with the Project Manager;
- Participate and supervise the selection of national accounting and administrative staff;
- Ensures the ** evaluation ** of its national administrative staff;
- Ensures with the HR manager and the Project Manager the compliance of the procedures of: recruitment of local staff, the development of ToR and contracts, job descriptions, salary and payment slips, leave monitoring, absences, assessments, disciplinary measures, individual requests
- Supervises the administrative management of national project staff in accordance with the country’s labor code and the Coopi HR manual;
- Ensures assignments on the field as required by coordinating with project managers;
- And any other task necessary for the good and punctual realization of the project requested by the project manager and / or the administrator of the base.
Training / Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Economics and Management, or in a similar field;
- At least 3 years of experience in administration within an NGO within the framework of emergency response or development projects;
- Experience in the field of project administration and human resources management in the field in development cooperation / humanitarian aid;
- Knowledge of procurement principles
- Mastery of the French language ;
- Mastery of common software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment;
- Sense of organization and teamwork;
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and in an often uncomfortable environment.
- Work experiences in French-speaking African countries;
- Previous experience with COOPI and knowledge of its procedures;
- Knowledge of Italian.
COOPI reserves the right to close a recruitment before the expiry date of the advertisement. Thank you for your understanding.