Secours Islamique France (SIF) was created in 1991, and has developed international programs in order to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable populations in France and around the world. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and implementation of development programs. SIF strictly follows the humanitarian principles of neutrality, independence, and impartiality while implementing programs. SIF respects cultural diversity and provides humanitarian assistance to all people in need, regardless of origin, political or religious affiliation, gender or belief.
The united nations considers that Yemen is facing the world’s worst humanitarian crises of the 21st century. Due to conflicts, the country faces many difficulties, such as inequalities, infrastructure destruction and the deterioration of the economic and humanitarian situation.
Since 2019, SIF is an active partner in Yemen, Many activities in the area of food Security and livelihoods.
The country is also affected by COVID-19 situation. Since the pandemic, it has been estimated that 17 to 19 million people need food aids, and more than half of the population lives in poverty. In this tragic context, SIF brought a solution to 1610 displaced persons leaving in extreme uncertainty, by responding to their basic needs with a regular food aid distribution.
To prevent risks linked to the COVID 19 pandemic, 400 emergency hygiene kits that cover the needs of 2800 persons have been distributed, and prevention messages on best hygiene practices have been shared. Those 400 families also received food packages during the ramadan period.
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting an administrative coordinator willing to build and develop SIF’s Mission in Yemen and enhance its sustainability.The position is based in Aden with frequent trave l within the country.The administration Coordinator is an expert in administrative and/or financial and/or human resources management and will be in charge of the support team. MISSION**
Being a member of the Coordination Team, he/she will:
- Implement SIF’s specific procedures
- Ensure SIF missions is compliant with laws, national regulations and contractual obligations
- Coordinate plans on activities linked to the Administration, Finance and Human Resources
- Contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy
Operational strategy & Coordination
- Context analysis, elaboration solutions, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning
- To ensure the accounting, the bank book-keeping, checking and bank reconciliations
- Invoices control
- To validate the accountancy package
- To ensure that SIF is compliant with the national taxation system
- To define the conservation and cash flow procedures
- To validate the banking establishment choice, ensure their solvency and reliability
- To authorize the payment of mission’s expenditures according to the SIF procedures
Budgetary and financial management
- To elaborate and to sensitize Coordinators on the impact of these risks
- To supervise the management of the welfare benefits received
- To follow the working time, ensure the rules respect
- To supervise the staff recruitment
- To implemente individual evaluation interviews of the staff
- To manage the administrative teams
- To implement the security policy
- To evaluate of the general security and the security data collection
- To elaborate monthly reports for the Head of Mission
- To propose improvements to the intern reports formats
- Relevant Master’s level qualification or similar academic achievement
- At least 3 years of experience in the humanitarian/development sector, as Administrative Coordinator with INGOs in similar contexts
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in administration, procurement, HR and security
- Fluency in spoken and written English; French & Arabic are desirable
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel, and SAGA
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- French fixed term contract : 6 months
- Remuneration according to our salary grid
- Monthly perdiem
- Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
- R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks.
- Leaves every 3 months
- Temporary work procedures and a reinforced sanitary protocol are applied at Secours Islamique France within the effective conditions
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
We will study every application with required skills for the position.