iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The Administrative Officer will provide general administrative support, under the responsibility of the Programme Manager. the Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing logistical, financial and administrative support to iMMAP’s Ethiopia Office to ensure that iMMAP’s activities are run in an effective and efficient manner.
The Administration Officer will help ensure iMMAP’s accountability and transparency at all levels.
Description of Duties
1/ Support iMMAP’s administrative and logistics procedures in Ethiopia
- Provide secretariat support for writing official letters and translations (from English to Amharic or from Amharic to English) for light operational, technical, legal and administrative written documents including letters, notices, reports….
- Ensure that the Logistics Procedures complies with iMMAP’s Global requirements, regulations and policies during all phases of the project;
- Update the iMMAP contact list on monthly basis.
- Make cash payments as instructed by his/her Manager once all the proper validation procedure has been followed.
- Copy invoices to archive monthly accounting.
- Support travel arrangements for international staff and visitors by booking all taxis, hotels and flights in a timely manner and circulate internally the follow-up document including phone numbers of visitors. Coordinate transport pick-up and drop-off and accommodation (hotel, apartment, house) of staff and guests.
- Assist in archiving any documents related to Admin, HR and Finance and particularly be responsible for the archiving of the accounting documents and their transfer to HQ as instructed by his/her Manager.
2/ Cash and Asset Management
- Manage the overall project liquidity process to ensure adequate funds are available to meet sub-recipient disbursement requirements and obligations;
- Review monthly bank reconciliations;
- Ensure that an asset register is maintained.
3/ Support liaison with the Ethiopian authorities for administrative and legal procedures, in cooperation with iMMAP’s legal representative
- Assist in all Administrative procedures including on all registration documents and processes with the relevant authorities, in cooperation with iMMAP’s legal representative
- Proceed with all legal payments for the Ethiopian Office in a timely manner and as instructed by his/her manager.
- Follow-up the procedure for all legal requirements for the international staff (Visa, work permit) and visitors with iMMAP’s Legal representative
Required Background, knowledge & Skills:
- Educational background in administration or a related field, Bachelor Degree is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position in any other INGO
- Excellent Command of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Fluent in Amharic and English (speaking/reading/writing)
Required interpersonal skills:
- Commitment to iMMAP’s work policies and standards as well as to humanitarian values
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage priorities, meet multiple competing deadlines, and work without constant supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Comfortable seeking guidance and clarification in a timely manner as needed to succeed in the role
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/301