Head of the financial and administrative management of the mission, coordinating and leading the mission Admin team in the capital and the bases. In charge of assuring the administrative and financial procedures of the mission according to AAH-Spain rules and the local law.
Objective 1: Mission Financial Management
Process Project execution / Contract management
- Follow up of mission execution, signature and cashflow objectives, using the SFIN meeting and Financial Dashboard
- To follow the financial planning of the mission through the standard financial management tool (FMT) and update it on a monthly basis
- To carry an exhaustive control of the coverage plan (CCP: Cost Coverage Plan) and monitor the cost structure of the mission.
- Assure the monthly delivery of updates of monthly budget follow ups (BFU) to the coordination team, Head of Bases and administrative teams. Ensure the full involvement of all departments monitoring of the accuracy of forecasts
- Coordinate and support the different departments on the budget elaboration for the proposals or reformulations of the signed contracts, as well as the financial reports of the missions, assuring the delivery on time to HQ for its submission to donors.
- Follow up and analysis of all Mission’s financial risks with a focus on the co-funding risks
- Supervise the control on local partner expenditure (based on their contracts / budgets) in coordination with Head of Projects/Program Managers.
Objective 2: Mission Treasury and Accountancy Supervision
Process Financial follow up / Accounting closing
- Supervise and validate the monthly closing of the accountancy, ensuring the correctness of the invoicing, use of analytical accountancy and deadlines (before the 10th of each month) established.
- Assure the respect of the administrative and financial procedures established by AAH-S and the donors.
- Define the treasury flows in the mission Cash Management Policy and supervise its correct implementation.
- Control the treasury level to the minimum operational.
- Assure the correct and punctual delivery of the fortnightly treasury forecast.
- Prepare the treasury advance requests for all contract not yet signed (Z2).
- Follow up of all payments received at mission level
- Manage relationship with banks.
Objective 3: Administrative management of the mission
- Verify and control the respect of the expenditure authorization procedure.
- Update the financial data in GESPRA in a regular basis or whenever is necessary,
- Control and supervision of the respect of any rule regarding the quality and archiving of all administrative and financial documentation according to AAH and donor guidelines.
- Represent the mission in front of the administrative representatives of other international and national organizations in-country.
- Assure the respect of local law and any tax obligation by the mission, ensuring thethe on-time submission of tax reports to local authorities. Follow up of all tax-related issues concerning specially VAT and NRT.
- Initiate and/or develop relationships with local authorities for any financial related matter.
- Plan and follow up of internal and external audits in coordination with headquarters.
Objective 4: Relationship with counterparts
Process Stakeholders management
- Ensure a proper training of partners on AAH accounting and financial procedures.
- Supervise on a 3-month basis at least the partner’s invoices.
- Supervise the recording of transactions of partners in Agresso
- Consolidate financial reports sent by partners and update the budget follow up considering their forecasts
- Follow up of any treasury request by any partner.
Objective 5: Management of the mission Administrative and Finance teams
Process Retention, motivation and prof. development
- Plan, develop and assure a correct team structure for the Finance department in the mission.
- Assure the motivation, communication and coordination within the Finance team.
- Solve any possible interpersonal conflict if needed.
Process Evaluation of staff
- Conduct the evaluations of the team under his/her responsibility and assurer that all evaluations of the Finance team are done.
Process Training of staff
- Contribute to the draft and follow up of any individual action plan of the department.
- Identify the needs of training of the Finance team in coordination with HR department.
Process Management of Security
- Respect the security plan and follow up of the respect of these rules by the Finance team.
- Communicate to the security focal point any security-linked information if needed.
Objective 6: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote Gender Balance in teams when recruiting
Technical specific knowledge:
- Higher education in management, economics or any related field.
- Profound knowledge of donor guidelines.
- Knowledge of AAH desirable (organization, mandate, strategy, procedures).
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in financial management and at least 1 year in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in the preparation of budgets, financial reports, financial project follow up and audit reports.
- HR managerial skills
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
- International experience. Demonstrated capacity to work in multicultural environments.
- Good communication skills.
- Proved team-work experience and of coordination of staff under its supervision.
English / Spanish
- MS Office very strong command. Advanced level of Excel. Experience with accounting programs like SAGA, Agresso or others.
How to apply
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.