CRS JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Compensation Band: Grade 4
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Country/Location: Egypt/Cairo Maadi Office
The CRS Egypt country program began in 1956 at the invitation of the Egyptian president Nasser by providing relief assistance to the victims of the Suez War. Over the following few decades, CRS Egypt moved from large-scale food relief to long-term poverty alleviation and development programs. CRS Egypt works in a wide variety of areas within the development field.
Currently, CRS Egypt has three main programs: education assistance program and livelihoods program for refugee support, and local partnership. Projects under these programs range from the provision of technical assistance and capacity building to partners, promoting peace and tolerance, educational grants for refugees and assistance to refugee community schools, and technical support and start-up funds for refugee and vulnerable Egyptian entrepreneurs. Additional programming includes Emergency Preparedness and Response projects that arise as needed. The Operations department, supported by a regional Management Quality unit, ensures the country program develops and maintains the highest level of operational standards.
CRS Egypt currently holds a main office in Garden City, Cairo, and the refugee support sub-office in Maadi with activities in Greater Cairo, Upper Egypt and the North Coast.
You will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
· Facilitate communication with all units of the organization and external stakeholders as relevant. Send receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
· Provide specialized administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proof read, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
· Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
· Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors’ welcome packages, etc.).
· Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
· Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
· Serve as the CRS/Egypt petty cash custodian in accordance with CRS petty cash management procedures.
· Ensure that the petty cash fund is adequately safeguarded.
· Disburse funds based on proper documentation and approval by designated approvers according to the CRS/Egypt Map of Authorities.
· Prepare documents for reporting and replenishment for Admin & Finance Officer review and approval.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements: Education and Experience
· Graduate degree in a directly related field
· Two years’ experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role.
Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
· Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
· Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
· Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented Required/Desired Foreign Language: Excellent command in English and Arabic.
Travel Required: Job requires travel to sites within Cairo metropolitan area.
CRS is committed to safeguarding program participants from exploitation and abuse. The successful candidate is expected to sign and adhere to the CRS Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Key Working Relationships: Supervisory: Janitors.
Internal: All CRS Team Members, Senior Operation officer, and CRS support functions (finance, procurement, IT, HR and Admin).
External: Hotels, Renting cars company, vendors.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability and Stewardship
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’s talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.