The Administrative Assistant will provide professional, consistent, and customer focused day to day support in the areas of office administration, operations, and finance-related activities for the Vital Ethiopia country team. Reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager and collaborating closely with the Country Director, Finance Manager and U.S. office, the Administrative Assistant will help to ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Vital Strategies offers highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. Vital welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment. The salary range for this position is ETB 3,30,000-4,40,000.
This position is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Applicants must be authorized to work in Ethiopia at the time of application.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reception and Common Spaces: Greet guests, answer phone calls, collect and distribute mail, manage meeting room bookings, and reset meeting rooms after meetings. Upkeep and stock of pantry and supplies; ensure common spaces and utilities are well maintained; liaise with cleaning services. Maintain contact with internal and external groups for meeting preparation and coordination of meeting logistics.
· Onboarding/Offboarding Support: Assist Operations Manager in preparing onboarding procedures to welcome new hires and to ensure efficient and compliant process for departing staff.
· Vendor Management and Compliance: Under the direction of Operations Manager, support the Vital Strategies office purchasing. Monitor, track, and purchase centralized office and kitchen supplies to ensure office is well stocked and inventory is well managed. Ensure supplies are recorded, managed and distributed to staff upon request.
· Travel Support: Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Arrange hotel bookings for Vital Strategies staff and visitors as requested. Book Flights for Vital Strategies staff based on approved travel request. Make sure that the pricing of international tickets is competitive. Arrange vehicles for the staff travel as per their schedules and make timely payments to the car rental company. Coordinate, document and follow up on visa & work and residency permits and other legal documentation for local and international staff, and visitors. Provide other supports to international staff and visitors, as required.
· General Office Administrative Support: Provide administrative office support for a variety of tasks (i.e. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; filing; draft simple correspondence messages, and prepare meeting materials, including reports, presentations, and agendas). Maintain an up-to-date contact list of partner organizations, Government. officials, diplomatic missions and emergency service providers including their names and addresses for the use by office and staff. Also, maintain an up-to-date contact list of all Vital Strategies Ethiopia staff and distribute it on a regular basis.
· IT Support: Ensure internet and printers are working properly. Work with Operations Manager to make sure there is sufficient ink for the printers and projectors are available for any meeting.
· Finance: Prepare and arrange for bank withdrawals when requested with the approval of Country Director. Ensure safe custody of petty cash and checks in accordance with Vital Strategies policies and procedures. Facilitate Monthly settlement of tax to government. Collect and deliver bank statements and transfer letters to the bank. Copying and scanning of finance documents. Make all payments from petty cash after approval by the respective managers and after verifying the accuracy of necessary documents. Responsible for making payments during trainings and workshops.
· Perform other ad-hoc duties as necessary.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup.
· Focused on providing high levels of customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
· Flexible and willing to work under pressure.
· Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner.
· Sound judgment and discretion when handling confidential information.
· Computer literacy and ability to use MS Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook, and web-based intranet platform.
· Bachelor’s degree in Office Management, Business Management, Finance, or other business-related fields.
· 2- 3 years progressive working experience in office Administration with similar INGOs.
· Fluent in Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Amharic.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via the Vital Strategies Career page on our website. This position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.