POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
Position: Administrative Assistant for PUI Regional Office
Based in: Amman
Contract Duration: 3 Months
- Under the direct supervision of: Administrative and Logistics Officer
ABOUT PREMIERE URGENCE INTERNATIONALE(PUI)
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental international aid organization operating in more than 20 countries and relying on more than 30 years of experience in responding to the fundamental needs of crisis affected populations. Present in the Middle East since 1996, PUI conducts multi-sectorial humanitarian and resilience programming in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Palestine and Yemen. The Middle East Regional Office (MERO) provides technical support to the six country offices and represents the organization.
PUI’s actions are guided by principles of humanity, impartiality, independence, accountability, adaptability, transparency, cooperation and partnership, involvement, dialogue, initiative, and trust.
Under the supervision of the Admin Officer, he/she is responsible for providing secretariat, finance and administrative support to the Regional office to ensure that PU-AMI activities are run in an effective and efficient manner.
Responsibilities and tasks
1/ Support administration and secretariat
- Provide secretariat support for writing official letters and translations (from English to Arabic or from Arabic to English) for light operational, technical, legal and administrative written documents including letters, notices, reports, articles…
- Support travel arrangements for international staff and visitors by booking all taxis, hotels and flights in a timely manner and circulate internally the follow-up document including phone numbers of visitors.
- Share with new international staff or visitors all necessary information before their arrival in country, including the booking arrangements made, the welcome pack, the maps to the office/guesthouses/hotels and the constant companion.
- Ensure PU-AMI Regional guesthouse(s) or offices are properly maintained, equipped and cleaned and prepared to welcome visitors, and liaise with the landlord as required (Except individual Guest Houses)
- Update the PU-AMI contact list on monthly basis.
- Make cash payments as instructed by his/her Manager once all the proper validation procedure has been followed.
- Copy invoices to archive monthly accounting.
- Assist in archiving any documents related to Admin, HR and Finance and particularly be responsible for the archiving of the accounting documents and their transfer to HQ every 3 months or as instructed by his/her Manager.
2/ Support liaison with the Jordanian authorities for administrative and legal procedures
- Assist in all Administrative procedures including on all registration documents and processes with the relevant authorities, on the vocational licenses, etc.
- Proceed with all legal payments for the Jordan and the Regional office (social security, taxes…) in a timely manner and as instructed by his/her manager.
- Follow-up the procedure for all legal requirements for the international staff (Visa, work permit) and visitors with PU-AMI Legal Counselor.
- Liaise with PU-AMI counselor office to collect information or documents as instructed by his/her Manager.**
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
Required Background, knowledge & Skills:
- Educational background in administration or a related field, Bachelor Degree is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar position in PUI or any other NGO
- Excellent Command of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Fluent in Arabic and English (speaking/reading/writing)
Required interpersonal skills:
- Commitment to PUI’s work policies and standards as well as to humanitarian values
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage priorities, meet multiple competing deadlines, and work without constant supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Comfortable seeking guidance and clarification in a timely manner as needed to succeed in the role
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and at least 2 reference contacts to: email@example.com . Please state the job title “Administrative Assistant- your name” in the email subject line (applications that don’t have this reference will not be considered).
· Deadline for applications is 11**th August 2021**
· Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PUI strives to be an equal opportunities employer. PUI is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.