The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an unlimited extension. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
As Advisor Development Policy, you will accompany German and international political processes that are relevant to global nutrition. Your assessments contribute to the positioning of Welthungerhilfe, which you represent in the political and public discussion for a world without hunger.
- Critical monitoring of relevant development policies
- Formulating development policy positions and representing these positions vis-à-vis national and international political decision-makers, the business community, civil society and the general public
- Preparing position papers, policy briefs and other materials
- Representing Welthungerhilfe at external events as well as in relevant networks, committees and working groups
- Conceptualizing and implementing specialist events, expert workshops, etc.
- Cooperating with Welthungerhilfe programme countries on relevant development policy issues
- A university or polytechnical degree in political science, environmental science, social science, or a job-relevant field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in policy and advocacy work, as well as strategy development and implementation
- Demonstrated expertise within the following subject areas: Development policy, rural development, food security, global nutrition, climate change
- Several years of experience in development cooperation or humanitarian aid, as well as the preparation of complex and cross-cutting analyses and concepts in the field of development cooperation
- Representation skills towards representatives from politics, economy, civil society, science and media on national and international level
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in German and English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
**Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 22, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Lea Hermle. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.