BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAM
Coalitions for Change (CfC) is a program under the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and The Asia Foundation Partnership in the Philippines.
In its second phase (2018-2022), CfC supports Philippine leaders in civil society, academe, the private sector, and government who pursue policy reforms to support inclusive economic growth, social development, governance, and peace towards improving the lives of Filipinos. The program also provides training and mentoring to equip leaders to better pursue policy reforms.
Designed to be an adaptive and responsive program, CfC’s support to Philippine leaders and organizations has helped introduce transformative policy reforms that bring positive outcomes for Filipinos in the broad areas of economic growth, social development, and governance.
BACKGROUND OF THE ASSIGNMENT – INCLUSIVE EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT (SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT TEAM)
Disabilities limit peoples’ participation in society. Analysis of case studies in developing countries showed that higher disability rates are associated with higher illiteracy, poor nutritional status, lower inoculation and immunization coverage, lower birth weight, higher unemployment and underemployment rates, and lower occupational mobility.
While the Philippines have extended efforts to mitigate this cycle through various programs including conditional cash transfers and establishment of the National Council of Disability Affairs, the challenge continues to persist and pervade.
CfC works with partners to introduce policies that promote the inclusion of people with disabilities and their participation in education, health, and employment.
CfC is seeking to hire the following consultancy positions:
- Two (2) Inclusive Education Advocacy and Network Specialists
- One (1) Inclusive Employment Advocacy and Network Specialist
- One (1) Inclusive Education Technical Consultant
- One (1) Inclusive Employment Technical Consultant
- One (1) Project Assistant
SECTOR: INCLUSIVE EDUCATION | POSITION 1: ADVOCACY AND NETWORK SPECIALIST
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the CfC Social Development team, its network, and partners.
- Develop and pursue technically sound and politically feasible policies, which promote inclusive education.
- Identify possible entry points to introduce reform agenda through relevant government officials, legislators, and stakeholders.
- Provide technical inputs in team discussion and strategy planning, especially to push for the identified reform agenda.
- Network and collaborate with inclusive education coalitions, advocacy groups, and stakeholders.
- Provide technical input on policy papers, briefers, presentations, and other reference materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g Political Science, Public Administration, Development Studies, Education etc.) Master’s degree in the field of Education, Social Science or Public Management is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Philippines’ education policies, context, processes, and programming
- Has extensive networks and strong on-the-ground experience engaging with different stakeholders especially in the education sector. Membership or involvement in inclusive education coalition or advocacy group is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to engage productively with government departments especially with the Department of Education.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in both English and Filipino and proven ability to suit communication style for different audience types.
- Working knowledge of research methods and techniques.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize data that may be used for communication materials.
- Ability to self-direct, balance competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in adaptive programs and development entrepreneurship would be an advantage.
- All positions are part-time / intermittent engagement for 6-12 months.
How to apply
Interested applicants should accomplish and send their TAF application form (https://bit.ly/3bi3xEx) and updated Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31 May 2021.
Please use email subject: Job Application[SURNAME][SECTOR]_[POSITION].
Sample: Job Application_ARAGON_INCLUSIVE EDUCATION_TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.