Country: RCA – Bangui
Expected departure date: September – October 2021
Context of the consultancy
The Prefecture of Bamingui-Bangoran, the capital of which is Ndélé, covers an area of 58,429 km² for approximately 101,519 inhabitants. Socio-economic activity in this prefecture is essentially based on agriculture, trade, breeding, fishing and gathering. However, the cruel lack of resources and infrastructure necessary for these authorities and the various service managers makes their deployment and installation difficult. The effective presence of the State in this region and all the basic social services available such as education, health, housing, or access to drinking water are therefore always impacted by the effects of crisis. Otherwise,
Despite these serious structural difficulties, the Bamingui Bangoran prefecture has real assets and support could contribute to the existing recovery dynamics. There is, for example, a demand for technical and vocational training from young people and adults, but the local offer is not satisfactory or even non-existent. It is also necessary to underline the existence of collective initiatives created exclusively by women and for women but which remain marked by the lack of their representativeness in local decision-making bodies. In addition, the rich natural resources could allow the establishment of local development activities, particularly around natural parks (agriculture, forestry, livestock, fishing).
It is in this context that with funding from the French Development Agency, a consortium made up of 3 international NGOs: the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), Première Urgence Internationale (PUI), Triangle Génération Humanitaire (TGH) was set up to develop a project whose objective is to improve the socioeconomic situation of vulnerable populations by facilitating and strengthening their access to basic services, sustainable natural resources and renewed economic opportunities. This will be carried out by strengthening state structures and community dynamics and by relying on participatory local development plans.
The objective of this consultation mission is to carry out an agrarian diagnosis making it possible to understand the peasant realities of the study area, as well as a study of the agro-pastoral sectors identified in order to draw an analysis both in a historical dynamic and in a global agro-economic context in order to make adaptation and sustainability hypotheses on the development of agro-pastoral sectors identified as being economically promising and emerging.
- Identify the interactions between the different types of agro-pastoral systems and study their constraints and their potential;
- Create an agro-pastoral zoning and identify the target groups of actors;
- Prioritize the factors limiting agro-pastoral development in the study area;
- Develop recommendations / orientations necessary for the development of agro-pastoral sectors in the prefecture of Bamingui-Bangoran;
- Analyze the value chains of agro-pastoral sectors (beekeeping, fish farming, market gardening, small livestock and agriculture) identified as economically promising and emerging in the prefecture.
- Develop recommendations / orientations necessary for the structuring of the sectors and the increase of the profit margin of the actors of the sectors
- Produce an action schedule with a 2-year follow-up in order to capitalize on successful agro-pastoral sector development operations that can be published and widely distributed with an annual visit to be budgeted (optional in the budget)
Budget: > € 10,000
How to apply
Technical and financial offers must be sent by e-mail to the following address before 25/06/21 before 5:00 p.m. (Paris time):