Position: AME Assistant
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the AME Assistant position in Baidoa, Somalia.
Under the direct supervision of the Appraisal Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, be responsible for supporting the AME Officer by providing implementation of AME TORs, supervision of enumerators, data collection, data entry, data analysis services fieldwork plan generation related to assessments contributing to the implementation of ACTED accountability framework at field level and other monitoring and evaluation activities conducted by AMEU in the base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the AME officer to prepare and implement monitoring and evaluations plans to measure project progress and impact indicators
· Assist in planning and conducting field level data collection and project monitoring using different techniques including household surveys, market data collection, focus group discussion, key informative interviews, etc.
· Conduct training and supervision of enumerator teams, including checking questionnaires for reliability and consistency
· Support the implementation and evaluation of the feedback response mechanism
· Conduct quantitative data entry and recording of qualitative field notes and conducting quality checking and cleaning of data
· Support analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, writing reports to inform programme development and implementation
· Improve AME_Unit process and procedures including data collection skills, data quality, analysis and report writing
· Develop case studies, success stories and lessons learnt papers
· Assist Baidoa Accountability officer in collecting, recording and reporting on beneficiary feedback from the field.
· Protection Mainstreaming: promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
· Perform any other task assigned by the manager.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Community Development, WASH, Rural Livelihoods or related field.
· Good experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for humanitarian and development initiatives/interventions. Knowledge and experience of participatory rural appraisal methods an asset.
· Good analytical skills in order to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for programme implementation and development.
· Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis;
· At least 2 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
· Good English communications skills (both oral and written) and report writing skills.
· Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
· Excellent team management skills
· Strong people management and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
How to apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 6th July, 2021 with the subject line “AME ASSISTANT_BAIDOA”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.