Position: AME Officer
Direct Hierarchy: Snr AME Officer
Starting date: July 2021**
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the AME Officer Position in Diinsoor, Somalia.
To support in the effective implementation of all appraisal, monitoring and evaluation work for ACTED mission in Diinsoor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Development of AME project monitoring and evaluation plans, data collection tools and methodologies
· Contribute to the design of AME methodologies, terms of reference (TORs) and data collection tools to monitoring progress and outcomes of ACTEDs projects (including for baseline surveys, needs assessments, monitoring and project evaluations);
· Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are in-line with expected project goals, objectives and measure the defined indicators;
· Collaborate with Field Coordination and Programme Development Department to design logical frameworks and indicator collection plans;
· Work closely with the Project Development Department in order to provide useful information for mapping and project reporting, as necessary;
· Liaise with partner/collaborating organizations for AME activities, as required.
Objective 2: Facilitate the collection of accurate, reliable and useful data for project implementation and development**
· Plan and conduct field-level data collection, at different stages of the project to support project cycle management;
· Provide field supervision and plan logistical arrangements for conducting AMEU activities;
· Communicate regularly to the Senior AMEU Officer and AMEU Manager on the implementation progress of field missions;
· Conduct data collection using qualitative and quantitative methods and secondary data (reports, government statistics etc);
· Supervision of data entry and conduct data checking/cleaning for quantitative and qualitative data when necessary;
· Support the Senior AMEU Officer to ensure that AMEU information is stored and managed effectively and confidentiality is maintained in accordance with ACTED procedures.
Objective 3: Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis and write timely and useful reports for programme development, management and implementation
· Conduct analysis of quantitative data, including preparing cross-tabulations, graphs and statistical analysis when required;
· Conduct qualitative analysis including writing up field-notes and use different methods to improve programme implementation, such as SWOT analysis, Problem-Solution tree, etc.
· Facilitate field team debriefing sessions;
· Facilitate quick and accurate reporting of monitoring result to ensure that ACTED, donors and other organizations can build upon successes and lessons learnt during the programme when requested by the Senior AME Officer/ Manager.
Objective 4: Management of AME team in Somalia and external relationships under his/her responsibility
· Frequently communicate with Senior AMEU Officer on most matters, keeping the AMEU Manager informed;
· Daily supervision of enumerators in Diinsoor Area, including development of work plans;
· Manage the AME activities for Diinsoor;
· Support the training of Area AME staff;
· Communicate weekly with Senior AMEU Officer/ Manager to coordinate monitoring schedules – requiring approval for all technical matters;
· Communicate daily with Senior AME Officer – requiring approval for all administrative, financial and logistical matters;
· Work with management and support staff to comply with ACTED rules and procedures;
· Completing all other duties and tasks, in accordance with the functions and duties of the AMEU as requested by the Senior AMEU Officer/ Manager or by ACTED Coordination; and
· Other tasks as required to complete necessary tasks.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science or closely related to field
· Proficient understanding of AME, including the ability to work effectively with tight timelines, high quality standards, and demanding, potentially overlapping priorities.
· Experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for humanitarian and development initiatives/interventions.
· Excellent analytical skills in order to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for programme implementation and development.
· Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis.
· At least 3 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
· Good English communications skills (both oral and written).
· Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
· High level of integrity, transparency and honesty.
Fluency in Somali language
How to apply
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 6th July 2021 with the subject line “AME OFFICER – DIINSOOR”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
*ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.