CARE seeks a world of hope, inclusion and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security. CARE provides cross-border humanitarian assistance in Syria, and refugee assistance within southern Turkey to people affected by the Syrian crisis. In response to CARE increased Syrian response cross-border humanitarian works the program is now endeavoring to undertake an inside NW Syria direct implementation to address humanitarian needs, enhance the quality of our programming and maximum response capacity and support to CARE’s partners. We are looking for a trustworthy, dynamic, innovative and resourceful person to join the Area office in the capacity of Area Food Security Assistant to be based in Jarablus, northern Aleppo, Syria.
The Area Food Security Assistant will be member of the Area office program team and report directly to the Area Food Security Program Officer. The Area food security Assistant will assistant the Area food security day to day implementation of efficient and high quality implementation of CARE’s direct food security programing in Northern Aleppo. Area Food Security assistant responsible ensuring activities are in line with community and beneficiary needs and that project activities are implemented to a high quality. This role will deliver on the agreed detailed implementation plans for project activities, follow implementation tools to track progress and monitor the context. S/he will be responsible to complete the distribution to selected beneficiaries which should be in line with CARE’s polices, SOPs and donor regulations. Responsible for ensuring proper project documentation and compilation of project data, sharing information with FS Officer and ensuring activities progress according to the implementation plan.
The person is expected to have good interpersonal skills, understanding, cooperative, organized, a high ability to work within a team to take initiative and skills in influencing to support policy and advocacy.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1 Project Implementation
· Assist the Area food security Officer in developing messaging around project implementation methodology, scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents and supervise Area Food Security Assistants in the delivery of such messaging to beneficiaries and stakeholders.
· Participate in design of community mobilization strategy and implementation plan; ensure that participatory methods are used to include community in planning and design.
· Lead on community mobilization – explaining project activities, objectives and goals to target communities
· Facilitate finalization of beneficiary selection criteria with target communities and share feedback with FS Officer
· Report any problems or challenges to FS Officer in a timely fashion and take appropriate follow-up action after discussion with relevant staff.
· With support from FS Officer, responsible for compiling an appropriate monthly work plan for distribution times for identified beneficiary caseload
· Directly involved in distribution of assistance, ensuring target beneficiaries are aware of distribution times and locations, in keeping with security advice
· Ensure timely and technically sound planning, implementation and monitoring of food security activities/projects, including other responsibility, in the assigned areas
· Prepare and maintain up to date work plans and expenditures plans, in line with project documents.
· Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
· Ensure correct beneficiary selection procedure and criteria are followed by FS Assistants, including that adequate verification is conducted and that this is in line with agreed standards.
· Responsible for ensuring the weekly work plan is implemented and that any changes are reported to the FS Coordinator.
Job Responsibility #2 Project Implementation Administration Follow up.
· In coordination with relevant FS and M&E staff, track project development through collecting data and documenting all activities in accordance with established logframe/M&E system requirements; prepare relevant reports.
· Ensure the correct procedures are followed and relevant documentation is completed.
· Ensure all relevant distribution documents are compiled in line with CARE Policies and Procedures
· Conduct regular market price monitoring in target areas
· Liaise and work with beneficiaries and community representatives and other project staff to ensure accountability and best use of project resources.
· Ensure correct beneficiary selection procedure and criteria are followed by FS Team.
· Assist the FS Officer in follow up with security staff, finance team and logistics staff to ensure distributions are conducted appropriately (e.g. stocks are available, security situation is conductive to safe distribution, vehicles are available for transportation of staff and goods)
· Ensure proper filling and archiving both hard copies and soft copies of all CARE’s FS distribution is organized and ready.
Job Responsibility #3 Project Quality.
· Work closely with the M&E team, review FS interventions, update and analyzing beneficiary database in collaboration with data management team.
· Conduct regular price and market monitoring and share findings with FS Coordinator and data management team.
· Contribute to the refining of data collection, monitoring, and reporting tools, and to the harmonization of FS, CCCM, and Cash based methodologies and tools across the area.
· Actively participate in lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making
· Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members
· Comply with CARE policies and practices with respect to gender and diversity, child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, and equal opportunities.
· Any other duties as required.
· University degree in a relevant field.
· Project Management qualification (PMD, PMP, PRINCE2)
· CALP Certified training
· At least 2 years of experience in humanitarian experience with at least 1 years in food security and Cash based response.
· Experience working on cash, voucher or food distributions or other food security programing.
· Experience in working in camps.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
· Experience in do-no-harm approaches in a humanitarian context, preferably in Syrian context
· Experience in working with INGOs and fully understand Food security, Cash based response program system.
· Demonstrated understanding of and experience with policies, protocols, and procedures of international NGO’s and donor agencies.
· Can-Do Attitude
· Highly skilled in organizing large-scale, fast-paced, responsive field programs.
· Solid ability to provide team-building, coaching, and development for staff as well as encourage cross-functional collaboration and cooperation.
· Advanced professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, and knowledge of IT system.
· Excellent proven communication skills, including working with multiple stakeholder groups, including children.
· Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
· Excellent communication and influencing skills.
· Ability to handle a high workload and to work independently.
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure.
· Ability to work well in unstable and changing security environments.
· Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills.
· Strong skills in inter-personal communications, able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a complex, multi-actor environment.
· Strong skills in written communication, including effective report writing
· Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultural contexts.
· Ability to communicate ideas in a culturally-sensitive manner and conducive to their practical application
· Fluent in Arabic
· English language skills are desired.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
A valid identity is required for work possession, and the candidate can start work in CARE only upon delivery of all the required documents, also upon submitting any fake or incorrect document, the job offer will be canceled or the employment contract will be terminated if the falsification of files or certificates is detected. Later.
How to apply
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
* CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer *