Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a full-time Assistant Manager to join its Business Development Unit (BDU).
The Assistant Manager is accountable for providing administrative support and developing specialized knowledge on best practices of proposal development and subcontractor management at all stages of the proposal cycle. Applicants should be open to periodic international travel for new business development as post-pandemic health and safety conditions allow and should be able to take on assignments that may involve 2-3 weeks from home in developing countries.
This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont.
* Provide the highest levels of administrative and management support across the proposal lifecycle;
* Coordinate (US-based and foreign) subcontractor relationships, and manage subcontractor proposal inputs, including qualifications statements, past performance references and budgets;
* Undertake analytical and research tasks to support technical proposal development to achieve results related to strengthening democracy and governance, environment and land and natural resources management, agricultural development, water and sanitation, women’s empowerment, and other key development outcomes;
* Support efforts to recruit high-quality candidates and present them effectively in proposals;
* Conduct compliance checks and gap analysis of proposals against client requirements;
* Support pre-proposal capture work, including desk-based research and overseas, on-the-ground preparation;
* Learn Tetra Tech’s proposal best practices and actively support the maintenance and continual improvement of proposal processes and related tool; and,
* Provide ad-hoc support for BDU’s pipeline information management and market intelligence gathering efforts.
* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an area related to one of the firm’s practice areas, required;
* Minimum of either two years of professional experience or a Master’s degree preferred;
* International experience, including with Peace Corps or at an international development consulting firm or NGO preferred;
* Polished writing abilities and capacity to synthesize large volumes of information into key messages;
* French and/or Spanish strongly preferred;
* Experience with budget development and analysis;
* Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and positive collaborative team player; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing Sample (sole authorship, 10 pages maximum.)
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/3s5Sy97
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.