UNHCR Regional Office in Riyadh is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the following Job Opening:
Position Title: Assistant PPH Officer
Position Grade: LICA-8 (equivalent to NOA) – Saudi Nationals Only
Position Number: UNOPS contract
Duty Station: Jeddah
Date of Advertisement: 25 July 2021
Deadline: 25 August 2021
With displacement crises reaching unprecedented levels and causing significant surges in funding needs, the work of UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships Division (PSP) has never been more important. PSP is responsible for mobilizing resources for refugees from the private sector, and in 2020, PSP successfully raised a record $500 million globally to support UNHCR’s programs. UNHCR has developed a Private Sector Fundraising Strategy 2018-2025 which has the ambition of growing PSP into a service capable of generating $1 Billion annually and identifies priority fundraising markets and regions, including the Middle East and North Africa Region (MENA).
As part of this strategy, and in order to achieve the ambitious objectives of mobilizing necessary resources for UNHCR, PSP’s Private Partnerships and Philanthropy (PPH) Section develops and strengthens long-term partnerships with companies, foundations and private philanthropists (“PPH donors”). The primary role of PPH colleagues is to secure various forms of support from PPH donors: securing funding for UNHCR programmes and projects will be considered priority, but the work also includes leveraging the capacities of these partnerships beyond funding, in order to build long-lasting holistic partnerships bringing various forms of support to UNHCR and to persons of concern, such as visibility, expertise and innovation.
In Saudi Arabia, UNHCR works in partnership with the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief) to support projects benefitting refugees all over the world. Over the next three years, UNHCR aims to significantly grow its private sector and philanthropic partnerships throughout the Kingdom. UNHCR seeks an experienced partnership professional to join the PSP KSA team. This position will be based in Jeddah and will be responsible for engaging with and growing UNHCR’s partners in the Jeddah region, in addition to supporting PSP Saudi Arabia’s broader goals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with partnership development working with Corporate, Foundation and High Net worth individuals, project management experience, and must have strong existing networks with prospective partners in the Jeddah region. The candidate should also be able to work independently and be comfortable in a remote working environment. The position will report to the Senior Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer and work in close coordination with the PSP Saudi Arabia team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervisor of the Senior PPH Officer, the Assistant PPH Officer will be responsible to:
• Partner/ donor engagement: Manage an expanding prospect list of existing and new donors and partners in KSA, with the aim of raising funds to support refugees in the region and globally. This includes the creation of dynamic cultivation plans for priority prospects.
• Prospecting: With the support of the senior leadership team, identify and establish contact with various entities, including foundations corporates, and high net worth individuals.
• External Representation: Represent PSP KSA at meetings, conferences, and events in the Jeddah region, and in meetings with current and prospective partners.
• Database: update on regular basis the Salesforce database with relevant prospect information including thematic interests, donation opportunity, contact information and essential communication (meetings, emails, calls, etc.)
• Drafting: be responsible for drafting, both in English and Arabic, all communication relevant to the PSP prospect pipeline in KSA, this includes but is not limited to proposals, reports and letters.
• Reporting: prepare, as required, regular progress reports including key developments, financial projections, pending proposals and potential challenges to be addressed.
• Perform other functions as needed.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
• University degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Economics, Business Administration/Management, Social Sciences, and/or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 1-year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree in Marketing
• Relevant professional experience with exposure to an international environment and/or with humanitarian or development organizations.
• Experience in partnerships, business development or fundraising.
• Ability to produce high-quality written materials tailored to specific audiences.
• Ability to balance different and sometimes competing needs and deadlines.
• Experience in coordinating multiple stakeholders, with an ability to multi-task, manage time, and thrive in a high-pressure environment.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Knowledge of humanitarian programming and/or UNHCR programmes and operational arrangements.
• Possess a high negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Have a Political awareness.
• Knowledge of partnerships, fundraising, and/or relationships with donors and/or external partners.
• Knowledge of SharePoint 365 platform.
• Knowledge of CRM tools, ideally Salesforce. Experience in a UN field location and/or working in a developing country, with an ability to function well in a multi-cultural environment.
• Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and Personal History Form (P11), including testimonials/degrees/certificates to SAURIHR@unhcr.org indicating “Assistant PPH Officer, LICA-8” in the subject of the email.
P11 forms are available on https://unhcr.org/recruit/UNHCR_Personal_History_Form.docm
Supplementary Form: https://unhcr.org/recruit/UNHCR_PHF_Supplementary.docm
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 25 August 2021.