Career with BRAC International
BRAC is a development success story, born in Bangladesh and expanding into 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa. It spreads anti-poverty solutions making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 through its Dutch registered Stichting BRAC International. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In February 2020, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the fifth consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Associate Director, Health and Nutrition
The Associate Director will provide strategic and technical leadership to develop transformative approaches for Health and Nutrition programmes of BRAC International (BI). Reporting to Director-Programmes and Asia Region, s/he will work with the team to ensure health and nutrition programme strategy, standards and systems are in place and implemented across BI countries. The Associate Director of Health and Nutrition will give technical guidance and support the country health and nutrition team in a timely manner. S/he will also, promote linkages to other institution, advocacy, partnerships, fundraising, and internal technical and functional teams, and at the same time ensure consistency of approaches with other associated members of BRAC International. The Associate Director will establish a strong collaborative relationship with other key teams across BRAC and BI. Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following –
- Lead the Health and Nutrition Programme team at the Dhaka office and oversee the implementation of programme strategy, work plan and initiatives at country level.
- Rollout of Health and Nutrition programme strategy and ensure appropriate and effective integration of BI Health and Nutrition programme strategy and priorities of National Health Strategy of Government in BI countries.
- Build the capacity of the country level health teams ensuring regular feedback and mentoring and necessary training
- Provide technical support and guidance to the team to design, implement, and monitor and evaluate the programs through communication and regular field visit to the countries as necessary.
- Take the lead in health sector proposal development, help country management to design new projects/proposals and review and provide technical input on proposals.
- Closely work with the Fundraising, Grant Management and Monitoring & Evaluation team to synchronize information needs and compile programme-level M&E information for dissemination.
- Represent BRAC International at the various health sector related meetings and forums with donors, government technical counterparts and partner organizations.
- Foster donor relations and ensures consistent fundraising for Health and Nutrition programming.
- Review and provide technical input on internal and external impact documents/ reports and other documents as needed.
- Inform, learns from, and builds relationships with key stakeholders, affiliates and partners.
- Ensure the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned from the programs.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure. Ensure any kind of safeguarding incidents are timely reported through the reporting channels.
- Master’s degree in public health and/or Nutrition from reputed universities
- Technical subject areas related to Health and Nutrition
- Results-driven with demonstrated success in quality delivery of Health and Nutrition programme
- Have skills in planning, designing, monitoring and implementing of Health and Nutrition projects /activities
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to Health and Nutrition sector
- Understanding of international social, political and economic issues and regional particularities in relation with health and nutrition programming
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Commendable interpersonal and coordination skill
- Strong negotiation and influencing skill
- Ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines
- Appreciation of diversity and familiarity with multicultural environment
- Flexible to work in different time zones
- Commendable computer proficiency
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and spoken English
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior technical or management position preferably in an NGO (an international organization managing complex programmes), including programme design, planning, implementation, administration and finance especially for Health and Nutrition programme
- Experience in proposal development and report writing
- Demonstrated success in raising fund for Health and Nutrition programme
- Experiencing dealing with various donors
- Experience in working with a diverse team.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC International Dhaka Office/ Africa Regional Office, Kenya
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 19/21 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 30 June 2021
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are the part of our Performance Management System.**
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer*