Under the overall guidance and direction of the Project Manager, Kabul Security Cluster and Lead Quality Engineer of RSHQ, the Associate Electrical Engineer provides support to Kabul City Green Zone and Enhanced Security Zone checkpoints by conducting site inspections, analysis and reporting, servicing, and ad-hoc repairs and maintenance of electrical systems, power supplies and distribution networks, including, but not limited to, generators and voltage regulators.
The Associate Electrical Engineer will primarily work in and around Kabul City and may be required to work nights and/or weekends
Specific responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the timely completion of various supporting QA/QC activities according to approved work plans, specified quality standards and development needs for electrical installations.
- Assist with the control and appraise work progress, review contractor work plans and provide recommendations to the KSF Project Manager on ways to overcome issues, challenges and needs as related to electrical installations.
- Provide support with quality control reviews and prepare related reports for the design and installation of electrical works as required and facilitate the compilation of input for Monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist in the establishment of quality procedures, including time limits for inspection, sampling and testing for electrical works and materials.
- Establish and maintain scheduled servicing of core electrical installations and oversee contractor compliance with such schedules.
- Provide Rapid troubleshooting for reported electrical issues across the checkpoint network.
- Provide emergency repairs to power supply and distribution systems as required.
- Support the Project Manager for electrical based solutions for procurement processes.
- Provide technical input and assist Procurement with all contractual matters for the completion of contracts with electrical installation components.
- Review contractor practices and conventional methodologies for electrical installations and make recommendations where remedial action is required
- Check accuracy of outputs produced in compliance with established quality standards.
- Recommend assistance to contractors to ensure the most economical and appropriate quality material and methods are utilised for electrical installations.
- Plan for health, Safety and environmental management in coordination with the programme and Country Office teams.
- Ensure UNOPS standards of Health and Safety and environmental management across all project locations are systematically applied at all times.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager and Lead Quality Engineer.
How to apply