Duty StationGaziantep (TUR)
Application Deadline17 May 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
1. Risk management and compliance
- Assist with risk management, compliance and oversight of the SCHF, including risk identification, root-cause analysis, implementation of risk mitigation measures and response to risks;
- Support in integration of risk management in operational planning and decision-making processes;
- Assist with the development and roll-out of the SCHF partners’ assurance activities and eligibility process;
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of various written reports, documents and communications (partner profiles, policy guidelines, presentations, correspondence, etc.) related to risk management and compliance in the context of SCHF;
- Organize follow-up work and preliminary response to audits and evaluations of the SCHF for management review;
- Research open sources for relevant information on potential and current SCHF partners in the framework of due diligence and compliance activities.
2. Support to HFU Unit in the review and administration of projects
- Monitor, analyse and report on humanitarian developments, disaster relief/management or emergency situations in North-West Syria, which may impact the performance of SCHF;
- Attend meetings with the SCHF partners to clear risk and compliance concerns related to their project implementation;
- Ensure that appropriate monitoring and reporting mechanisms are in line with global country-based pooled fund guidelines;
- Support the coordination and delivery of relevant trainings, workshops and other capacity building initiatives relevant to risk management and compliance internally and with SCHF partners;
- Perform other duties as required by the Fund Manager and Direct Supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration, Economics, Engineering, Earth Sciences, Finance, Law, Procurement, Social Sciences, Statistics or related field.
Required experience: 24 Months
Demonstrated interest and experience (at least 2 years) in accounting, compliance, financial management, humanitarian or international affairs, legal affairs, procurement, project management, statistics, Enterprise Risk Management or related field.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Turkish(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administration, Monitoring and evaluation, Finance, accounting and audit
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
How to apply
If you have not yet registered in the UNV Talent pool, please apply by registering your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: Once you have created your UNV account by validating your email address, please complete all sections of your profile.
Go to‘My Page’ section of your profile, click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink and select the special call you would like to apply.
If you are registered in the UNV database, please update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profileGo to ‘My Page’ section of your profile, click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink and select the special call you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 17-05-2021
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from qualified professionals.