Duration: 12 months
**Place of assignment: ** Antananarivo / Ambovombe / Ampanihy / Tulear / Manakara
At the end of this recruitment process, a list of qualified candidates could be set up to fill any post with the same profile, the same grade or a lower grade.
The World Food Program ( PAM ) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger in the world. WFP works for a world where every man, woman and child has permanent access to enough food to lead a healthy and active life.
At this level, incumbents are responsible for technical work, including planning, implementing and coordinating activities that require a thorough understanding of the context of the program / project, problems and the ability to apply a set of guidelines / practices. They independently manage a wide range of specialized program or policy support activities and may be involved in analytical work. The work performed generally has a significant impact on the other parts of the program. Job holders demonstrate their initiative in identifying and resolving a wide range of issues / problems and deal effectively with unforeseen situations.They can act as technical focal points in the area of vulnerability assessment and analysis. Job holders set goals, resolve large-scale issues and unforeseen problems, supervise and supervise a team of support staff in an area of responsibility.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POST – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ( not exhaustive )
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Unit, the incumbent will perform the following tasks :
- Monitor commitments / partnerships to be created on WINGS in coordination with Program / BPU / Finance units ;
- Create ( control coals ) on WINGS in close coordination with the program focal points in charge of SOAs;
- Process ( SES ) payment requests / invoices from cooperating partners ( CP ) once certified by the activity ;
- Ensure that provisional SESs are created by activities in accordance with IPSAS ;
- Maintain the payment tracking sheet, prepare the report and monthly dashboard on the state of payments and report any problems requiring action ;
- Have the capacity to provide contributions to the development, implementation and realignment of tools to support coordination and monitoring of the payment process ;
- Support the design of the tools necessary for monitoring payments ;
- Support the required payment analysis ;
- Provide guidance, training and supervision to partners regarding the payment process ;
- Coordinate Spotchecks on behalf of the CP partnership unit, following and adjusting the SOPs in place ;
- Liaise closely with relevant program units and CO Finance on issues related to CP payments ;
- Understand and apply the basic principles of cooperation with NGOs and government counterparts at the local level.
- Prepare the notes to the ( NFRs ) folder and the relevant documents as required ;
- Perform any other task entrusted to it.
- Enter precise and timely data in SAP ( WINGS ) ;
- Monitor program and field office activities so that ( PC ) cooperation partners submit their reports and invoices in good time ;
- Effective monitoring of payments to operational partners, executed and pending ;
- Provide project management and / or general support in accordance with established objectives and WFP policies and procedures ;
- In the area of specific responsibility, compile data and support analysis and reporting to support operational decision-making ;
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and budgetary monitoring of current project activities ;
- Perform tasks independently with only general guidance ;
- Understand basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Diploma of first University Cycle in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Management.
Experience: At least six ( 06 ) years of professional experience
Language: Good knowledge of English ( B level ) and mastery of French ( C level )
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY IN THIS ROLE
- Experience required in budgeting, accounting and finance and budget monitoring
- Work experience with SAP is required ;
- Practical knowledge of standard operational processes, operational support methods, procedures and systems used in the field of work
- Work experience in NGOs or at the UN is an asset;
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and to follow budgets in detail;
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement in the design and delivery of specialized services;
- Ability to establish relationships with a variety of people in all functions;
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and of oneself and in training and supporting others;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY IN THIS ROLE
- In-depth knowledge of financial, budgetary, accounting and audit procedures ;
- Advanced knowledge of Ms Excel ;
- Data analysis skills
LAST CANDIDATURE DEPOT: October 01, 2023.
THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE LIVELY ENCOURAGED TO POS THEIR CANDIDATURE
WFP has a zero tolerance policy on behaviors such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of power and discrimination. All selected candidates will have to comply with WFP standards of conduct and will therefore be subject to a rigorous background check, either internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be invited to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Any false statement regarding the information provided during the recruitment process may result in the disqualification or dismissal of the candidate.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process, including at the offer stage.
How to apply
Link for internal applications : https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=829433&company=C0000168410P
Link for external applications : https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=829433&company=C0000168410P