Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda and Zambia, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
The Auto Electrician will be responsible for the general maintenance, servicing and repairs of all vehicles; generators and other electrical components. The role will ensure safekeeping and maintain safe working conditions to avoid risk that may cause injury to himself as well as the others.
· S/he will work on all vehicle electrical systems and components, including ignition, fuel injection, engine management systems, anti-lock braking, battery, wiring, charging systems, heating, air conditioning systems, lighting and indicators.
· Maintenance and repair of varied electrical systems on a diverse range of plant equipment, heavy vehicles and passenger vehicles including Toyota land cruiser, Isuzu truck – FVR, FVZ,FTS,, MV123, IVECO trucks-Euro cargo/Euro trackker.
· Overhaul of various starter motors and alternators on a diverse range of plant equipment, heavy vehicles and passenger vehicles.
· Battery storage, handling and maintenance.
· Electronic circuit board diagnosis and repair.
· Stock control of the electrical service section.
· Electrical schematic plan modifications.
· Ensures that actual hours worked are in line with targets set.
· Ensuring the safe working environment of the auto electrical work area.
· Carry out any other duties as directed by superiors.
· Be prepared to travel on frequent basis from Logistic base or field offices to fulfill the tasks outlined in this job description. This will entail traveling and living under difficult environmental conditions.
· Will ensure/ maintain proper use of tools, equipment and proper safekeeping and orderliness of the working area.
· Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
· Skilled in understanding schematic diagram and lay out of electrical aspects of generator installation/maintenance is an added advantage
· Assist in identifying electrical tools/parts requirements in projections
· Records time taken to perform tasks allocated on the time sheet
Required qualifications, competences and experience Qualifications
§ Relevant certificate in Automotive engineering//Grade 1 certificate in auto electrics
§ Must have wide knowledge and skills in repairing different kinds of vehicles, generator electricals.
§ Must have knowledge in auto electricals trouble shooting
§ 3 year relevant experience in auto electric repairs in a busy workshop
§ Computer literacy / data processing (Word, Excel, Access) is an added advantage
§ English read / written / Spoken
How to apply
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 6th August, 2021. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-K is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents. Selection will be done on a rolling basis.