Title: Awards and Grants Intern**
Department: Awards and Grants
Location: Remote based (Home-based) or Amman, Jordan**
Reporting to: Awards and Grants Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A**
Budget responsibility: N/A**
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
RI in the Middle East has programs in six countries – Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, and Yemen, with a focus on the 4 main RI sectors: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity.
Relief International currently employs 3900 staff (direct and indirect) in the region and has a range of emergency response and development programs valued at 70 million USD on an annual basis.
Relief International (RI) Yemen is seeking for a talented, passionate, and highly motivated individual to work with and support our Awards and Grants Unit. The Awards and Grants Intern will ensure quality and timely management of donor and internal reports, support grant opening / close out processes and collaborating with program team on program development activities. This position reports to the Awards and Grants Coordinator with a technical line to Deputy Country Director Programs (DCDP).**
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Awards and Grants Management
- Support the Awards and Grants team to organize grants review meetings, including, kick-off and close out meetings.
- Maintain a grant filing system for all grants, including agreements, proposals, revisions, reports, etc.
- Maintain a grant tracking system and share updates with relevant departments as necessary
- Coordinate with programs and technical teams to ensure deliverables, milestones, and reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Update the awards tracker on a monthly basis. Carry out pre-award assessments of potential new sub grants
Program Development and research:
- Support the DCD programs and grant team in the development and drafting of concept notes, full proposals, modification requests, and supporting documents according to the program management tool.
- Coordinate with technical departments, as requested, on the drafting and finalization of various technical assessments
- Support the grant department to produce high-quality program progress reports as per donors and RI requirements.
- Assistant and Support in the compilation of monthly, quarterly, and annual donor reports
Communication and information management:
- Support the grants manager and DCD programs in the development of communications materials – such as program briefs, presentations, human interest stories etc.
- Review communication and visibility plans and follow up with relevant staff on progress.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
By the end of your assignment, you should:
- Have an increased understanding of the INGO system
- Become familiar with the Yemen humanitarian response
- Critical review program reports and technical documents
- Be able to work across a diverse, multi-disciplinary team
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
· Have a passion and commitment to humanitarian work and particularly vulnerable populations including refugees, people with disability, elderly etc.
· Be enrolled in a school programme in a relevant field to the organization or hold a Bachelor/Master degree in a relevant field to the organization
· Have experience in research, writing and drafting documents
· Previous experience or strong demonstrated interest in the Middle East.
· Be fluent in English (both written and spoken), knowledge of Arabic desirable
· Strong attention to detail, and excellent analytical, writing and synthesis skills.
· Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
· Proactive and critical mind
· This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All RI staff, volunteers and interns must adhere and respect these values.
- All Relief International members (staff, volunteers, and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All newcomers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with position.
How to apply
How to apply.
- To apply for this post, click on https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=4&rid=1667
- You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter should be no more than 1 page long and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Closing date. Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Please apply by uploading your cover letter and up-to-date CV on our website.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note to external agencies, we will not be accepting CVs from third parties.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references, and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.