This role will work collaboratively with Members and Country office departments as well as the Area Offices to ensure smooth management of development and humanitarian programme awards, sub awards and contracts. The person will be responsible for maintaining a portfolio of awards and their respective sub awards. The position will be also supports for capacity building of staff and partners and improving internal ways of working.
The Awards Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that SRO program adheres to all its award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. This will include vetting and collaborative scoping of partners; supporting proposal development processes from donor compliance perspective; Supporting SRO donor reporting function; ensuring timely and quality data in the Award Management System; drafting sub-award agreements with partners, working with SRO- Area Offices to ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, donor specific requirements and to make recommendations for overall improvements. S/he will be responsible on maintain the Awards Management function along the Awards Management Cycle starting from the inception phase till the close out. S/he will also undertake ongoing review of the portfolio and provide data and metrics to inform decision-making. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Proven (5 years) track record of in-country award portfolio management and knowledge of major donors’ compliance requirements
* Experience communicating with impact in a complex stakeholder environment
* Experience of staff management, supervision and capacity building in Award Management
* Proven track record of supporting a senior management team
* Problem solving skills to identify and lead the resolution of issues
* Good attention to detail and analytical skills
* Computer literate (i.e. Word, advanced Excel, Outlook, financial systems).
* Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
* Patient, flexible, able to improvise and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
* Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
* Basic understanding of operational programming, including the realities of the context
* Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
* Deep understanding of Partnership Principles
* Understanding of internal control environment needs related to Syria programming.
* Experience with Save the Children Award Management System (AMS)
* Significant experience with NGOs in an international environment.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=aGViYWFrLjEyMjA2LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…