World vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Azraq Camp Field Monitor (pending donor approval)
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
This position will be monitoring cleaning of communal areas / monitoring the behaviour change IBV’s of the Azraq under the direct management of the field Coordinators.
The SWM project on “to contribute to enhanced economic situation, environmental conditions and health for Syrian refugees in Azraq Camp through environmentally friendly SWM services value chain” is designed to significantly reduce environmental impact of camp based SWM through the development of alternative onsite and offsite uses for produced waste. It is proposed that project will reduce the environmental costs of transporting solid waste and stress placed on local landfills.
The purpose of the position is to ensure the highest standards of environmental safety and operational excellence by effective management and monitoring of the Camp cleaning day-to-day activities.
Direct Duties; Ensure smooth day to day operation of the Camp cleaning and managing Camp cleaning IBV’s,
· Monitoring cleaning of communal areas of the camp under the responsibility of the Field coordinator
· To supervise the daily activities of Incentive based volunteer’s cleaners.
· To supervise incentive based volunteers- IBVs in camp cleaning
· Report any accidents or issues affecting the security and operations immediately to the Supervisor;
· To Ensure that IBV’s attendance sheets are compiled daily and collect all IBV’s related documents.
· To ensure World Vision organization standards and regulations are respected
· To implement proper and regular monitoring system for all communal areas
· To ensure that the cleaners use all products and tools as required and in adequate way
· To supervise the timely payments of camp cleaners
· To ensure remaining in touch with population to understand needs, complaints, major events that may have consequences on the activities of World Vision by attending Info sessions and CR meetings.
· To ensure high collaborative work with SW operation team to ensure effectiveness in work.
· To ensure high response for urgent situation with immediate reporting to supervisor
· Collaboration and healthy work environment between IBV’s.
· To assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business
Reporting; Provide required reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report) on the Camp cleaning;
· To apply the recording and reporting mechanisms of the litter picking activities and to share electronic information to WVJ daily;
· To prepare and share daily, weekly and monthly reports with WVJ;
· To generate and share other reports with WVJ as per need;
· To update the project management on the progress of camp cleaning activities and other relevant context developments for a decision making/project activities timely adjustment
· To prepare and share phase report for tools and equipment’s conditions
Any other tasks by the line manager
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience;
· At least 1 years of experience in communities or camp setting in related field
· Junior Level of experience
· Good communication skills – an ability and willingness to work with people in difficult personal circumstances
· Willingness to learn fast and work in the refugee camp
· Flexibility to work outside normal hours, on holidays and weekends
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification;
· Education level should be bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in environmental or any related fields,
· Very Good command of oral and written English
· Reliability and punctuality
· Dedication to the humanitarian cause
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications;
· INGO experience is preferable.
· Self-starter and ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
· Familiarity with the culture of the affected population, ability to communicate respectfully and effectively
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement; 100% Field work
Language Requirements; Arabic and English skills