Sightsavers are looking to recruit an experienced Banking and Treasury Analyst to join their international Treasury team.
Salary: c£28,728 depending upon experience
Contract: Permanent (UK only)
Location: Remote with occasional presence in our offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex
The Banking and Treasury Analyst position will pay an active role in organisational strategy through the provision of expert Treasury Administration It will involve global bank account management, global bank portal management and bank mandate management. The post holder will also be responsible for the management of monthly changes to the Sightsavers investment portfolio to ensure that management, accounting and reporting requirements are met.
About the role
Key duties will include:
· global bank account management to include opening, closing and amending accounts
· global bank portal management
· bank mandate management using the Kyriba TMS Bank Management Module
· updating and recording all electronic portal bank accounts, users, roles and responsibilities
· regular reviews of all bank account management information
· assisting the Head of Treasury in maintaining Banking partner relationships and reviewing for best practices and improvements
· Responsible for the management of monthly changes to the Sightsavers investment portfolio to ensure accurate and timely recording of purchases, disposals, realised and unrealised gain and losses to produce SUN accounting journals
· analysing the investment portfolio and producing treasury management reports for monthly Management Account Reporting and quarterly Investment Committee meetings.
· assisting the Head of Treasury in ad hoc Treasury analysis
· filing and audit preparation in respect of all of the above.**
The ideal candidate will have:
· Part qualified accountant or equivalent experience, possibly working towards a treasury management qualification.
· Substantial work experience in finance and banking
· Experience of working in a Treasury environment.
· INGO experience (ideal)
· Fluent written and spoken English
· Experience with banks in Africa would be of particular interest as would be familiarity with the specific documentation and usage of Global multi bank electronic portals
To succeed in the role, you will also possess:
· a high level of administrative skills especially in banking systems and associated accounting
· advanced Excel
· demonstrable reconciliation capability
· strong organisational skills with an appreciation of meeting deadlines
· a willingness to develop in depth finance systems skills and knowledge
· a logical approach to problem solving and process re-design
· strong attention to detail to ensure integrity of data provided to banks and external providers.
· ability to support other members of staff through issue resolution, training and support
· engagement and negotiation skills to resolve issues and agree processes that work for the benefit of the Sightsavers Country Office teams.
· ability to engage with Sightsavers senior stakeholders in the absence of the Head of Treasury
This is a varied role so please read the full job description
There is flexibility around the location of this role, but we will require the successful candidate to occasionally (perhaps fortnightly) attend meetings and collaborate at our offices in Haywards Heath.
In addition to being an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. We anticipate that remote interviews, including a short Excel-based task, will take place by the end of June 2021.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 20 June 2021