Defra will launch the Biodiversity Landscapes Fund that aims to reduce poverty and create sustainable economic development for communities living in, and dependent upon, environmentally precious landscapes. It will restore landscapes and deliver their long-lasting protection through sustainable management practices, improving the quality of ecosystems and safeguarding biodiversity. Protecting landscapes and habitats will also help to tackle climate change with a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions through the protection of natural carbon sinks. It will address the drivers of environmental degradation and support local governments, and park authorities, and communities to deliver long-term sustainable management and use of natural resources.
This worldwide multimillion-pound grant fund programme will need experienced professionals across a diversity of disciplines, with strong acumen in fund management best practices, technical assistance facilities, and adaptive monitoring and learning across the programme team.
Ecorys is interested to hear from senior candidates across a range of these functional competencies and is seeking to fill key management roles within our proposed delivery team, at senior specialist and team leadership levels.
If you are an experienced expert, with significant experience at Technical Director, Team Leader or Deputy Team Leader level we would like to hear from you.
Indicative Skills and Qualifications: The senior experts we are looking for will execute key functions in our delivery team, including:
- Strategic leadership;
- Programme management;
- Grant fund design and management; and
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
Experience we would value
- Strategic or Technical leadership of large-scale development programmes (average annual budgets ≥GBP 3 million);
- Technical expertise in Biodiversity, Conservation, Land Use, Rural Economic Development, Livelihoods, Environmental Governance, Climate Change and/or related fields;
- At least ten years’ senior experience;
- Grant Fund management experience;
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design and management of open tender systems and grant schemes.
- Managerial experience in the full grant lifecycle DEFRA and/or FCDO/DFID experience would be advantageous
- Fluency, particularly oral fluency, in additional European languages would be advantageous
How to apply
Please fill in this questionnaire and submit your CV to the email provided in it.