CARE has established programs in Jordan which include humanitarian response to cover basic and urgent needs, cash-based assistance, Economic Empowerment and Civic Engagement, and Community-Based Protection supporting vulnerable Jordanians, and Refugees in camps and urban settings.
CARE currently has successfully nurtured relationships with bilateral donors, UN, and foundations, and has a sizeable and healthy portfolio and has identified further opportunities for expanding its reach in support of the most vulnerable.
The Business Development Manager will drive strategic and proactive resource mobilization approaches, and work to improve donor and internal CARE engagement/visibility and implementation of RM processes and tools (e.g., proposal development, RM knowledge management, RM reporting, etc.). the BDM will proactively identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, develop fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities. The BDM will also play a key roles in identifying and nurturing partnership opportunities to maximize collective impact.
The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to effectively represent CARE’s capacity and attract the right donor support and grow the country office’s portfolio. The position also requires the ability to work with diverse teams; including but not limited to technical advisors, program operations, finance, HR, security, resource mobilization, and MEAL staff at the country, regional and global level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: Strategic Planning
- Ensure RM efforts align with the Country Office and CARE regional and Global strategies.
- Develop a resource mobilization strategy and update it on a yearly basis in collaboration with the CARE International Member Partners and CARE USA global RM team liaising with members to determine opportunities, support global donor relationship management, and align member and country funding strategies
- Lead the portfolio and funding assessment (portfolio analysis, donor landscape assessments, funding opportunity assessment) in order to identify potential donors to advance the country office strategy.
- Develop funding tracking systems and mechanisms to track funding against the country strategy and annual targets, and revise annual fundraising targets and forecasts accordingly.
- Conduct win/loss analysis and provide recommendations for the country office to increase success rate, while maintaining an appetite for innovative programme design.
- Contribute to the conceptualization of programs that ensure value for money (Efficiency, Economy, Effectiveness)
- Lead in developing new funding strategies for specific programs as prioritized by the country office, and identify opportunities for nexus and cross sectoral integration.
- Maintain an on-going and regularly updated information bank on context analysis and research findings for future proposal development (gender equality, protection risks situational analysis, assessments, DHS data, field research on community needs, etc.).
- In collaboration with Comms and Advocacy, and program staff maintain updated capacity statements, factsheets, brochures and visibility materials.
- Actively participate in key relevant internal meetings such as annual planning meetings, SMT meetings, etc.
(25% of Time)
Job Responsibility #2: New Business Development (new and existing donors)
- Participate in key donor meetings, initiate donor contacts, when necessary, to foster long-term collaboration and engagement. Pro-actively seek donor intelligence on prospective new opportunities or partnership.
- Research, identify and disseminate information on different actors in the Jordan context for strategic new partnerships.
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities, either as a prime or sub-recipient in joint ventures.
- Identify, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from bilateral, multi-lateral and other institutional donors, private sectors and non-traditional donors.
- Lead the development of donor engagement plans and optimise donor engagement.
- Lead on donor engagement prior, during and after donor meetings or visits to program sites as required.
- Develop and maintain systems and tools to track positioning and donor engagement strategies
- Track upcoming funding opportunities, donor engagement and proposal development process. Provide regular updates to the SMT on the status of the funding portfolio and key trends to monitor.
- Manage information necessary for effective capture planning and proposal development
- Ensure key contacts, required formats and donor strategies are kept up-to-date at the country office level.
(45% of Time)
Job Responsibility #3: Proposal Coordination and development
- Be the principal coordinator of all proposal development including the development of high-value or complex proposals or bids, building on global, regional and national expertise, and ensuring the highest quality product.
- In collaboration with the country office program technical leads, seek out and facilitate inputs from technical teams to ensure that programmes benefit from CARE’s global expertise while remaining relevant to the local context.
- Maintain an updated database of high performing consultants and facilitate engagement of consultants on proposals, or when technical specialists are needed.
- Support the development of general and thematic capacity statements in coordination with technical specialists, Advocacy & Communication and Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) teams.
- Produce proposal development schedules and track timelines.
- Drive interdepartmental coordination for proposal development.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure proposal are coherent, ambitious, and achievable. Particularly with the Program Design and Gender Manager, PQ Director, and technical leads (program design, technical inputs, strategies), Operations (for field team inputs, logistics requirements, security, costings, etc.), Grants and Contracts (for donor requirements), Finance (for budgets), Security and Human Resource (HR) (for staffing requirements).
- Write large sections of proposals that speak to our overall capabilities and to the context and draft key sections of proposal that are standard inputs (e.g. capability statements, country context, programme experience), while coordinating the inputs of technical advisors and drawing on the expertise of technical leads, Program Support, Finance, HR and Security.
- Quality review technical aspects of the narratives and log frames and ensure complementarity with budgets and other deliverables and that projects are relevant to CARE’s impact goals in Jordan.
- Ensure full internal and member review and sign off as per the proposal development process.
- Represent CARE as a generalist, alongside technical experts, in consortium meetings during proposal development or donor engagement.
(25% of the time)
Job Responsibility #3: Other duties as assigned
(5% of the time)
A. Education / Training
· Master’s degree in business administration, business management, finance, accounting, marketing, communications or another related field, with a minimum of five years’ management in a both emergency and development contexts.
· Bachelor’s degree with 7 years of related work experience.
B. Experience Required:
· Minimum of 5-year experience in Business Development Manager or similar roles
· Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
· Excellent writing/editing skills, budget development skills
· Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million-dollar project budgets.
· Experience in more than one of the following sectors: economic development, protection, education, GBV, gender, poverty alleviation, health, and emergencies.
· Experience in both development and humanitarian sector preferred.
· Experience in applying humanitarian codes and standards such as SPHERE, the People In Aid Code, HAP etc.
C. Skills Required
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including report writing skills.
· Outstanding organizational skills.
· Strong team player skills and experienced collaborator.
· Proven skills in program planning, development, analysis, and adaptive management.
· Effective negotiation and representation skills.
· Demonstrated training and coaching skills.
· Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) Arabic a plus
· Research and analysis
CARE Core Competencies:
· Respect – Behaving in a manner that reflects a true belief in and appreciation for the dignity and potential of all human beings. Gaining other people’s confidence and setting an environment of trust and openness.
· Integrity – Maintaining social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles inherent to CARE.
· Commitment to Service – this competency is woven throughout all aspects of the employee’s performance.
· Excellence – Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed; ensuring interactions and transactions are ethical and convey integrity.
· Diversity – Promoting, valuing, respecting and fully benefiting from everyone’s unique qualities, background, race, culture, age, gender, disability, values, lifestyle, perspectives or interests; creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity.
Other desired Competencies:
· Building Commitment – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
· Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others towards shared goals, establishing and maintaining principle centered working relationships.
· Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relations.
· Building Partnerships – Identifying opportunities and establishing effective strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or external organizations to help achieve CARE’s objectives.
· Information Monitoring – Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
How to apply
Please note that CARE International in Jordan has the following vacant position:
Under the Programs Quality and Impact
· Business Development Manager (G6)
to apply for this vacancy you need to register on COMPAS system as a candidate & apply for these vacancies through the link above.
Applications can be submitted until August 26,2021 after that interviews will start for applicants.
CARE International in Jordan places human dignity at the center of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children.
CARE International in Jordan is an Equal Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or disability. care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.