Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
This is a mid-level/senior management position that performs a variety of increasingly complex business development work on proposal teams. Responsibilities include utilizing extensive experience in development proposals for USAID to lead cross-functional proposal teams (including Education in Development, Communities in Transition, Economic Growth, Contracts and Pricing and Human Resources) for contract or cooperative agreement funded proposals. The incumbent ensures the development and delivery of competitive proposals, takes a lead role in preparatory efforts for bid pursuits, develops partnerships and client relationships, tracks procurement opportunities, and provides guidance on or pre-bid intelligence gathering efforts. The incumbent also takes a lead role in providing input into Creative’s knowledge management and capture of best practices and lessons learned for future business development efforts, and further assures that all work under management is within the parameters of Creative’s Business Development Policy and Procedures, including Creative’s Style Manual, and all company proposal policies, procedures and timelines.
Reporting & Supervision:
The (Senior) Business Development Manager, Europe and Asia, works under general supervision and reports to the Regional Business Development Director, Europe and Asia.
- Successful leadership of assigned proposal development projects, ensuring the integrity of implementation of Creative’s proposal development process;
- Coach and mentor junior staff in business development;
- Demonstrate deep knowledge, skills and abilities in proposal development and skill in applying lessons learned from prior proposal teams to subsequent assignments;
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of regional socio-economic trends and development challenges and opportunities
- Successfully apply business acumen and sectoral knowledge to business development efforts, including understanding of client expectations, competitive environment, and prospective teaming partners and key personnel
- Works with program division colleagues to form capture management and proposal development team(s); in collaboration with program division colleagues, develops technical volume outlines, compliance matrices, and layout and style protocols;
- Leads the development of the proposal development packet for kick-off, including the proposal development calendar; organizes the kick-off meeting and all other preparatory meetings;
- Enforces adherence to proposal development and submission deadlines;
- Takes a lead role in managing capture and proposal development team(s) from pre-positioning, to preparation, to solicitation release, to submission and after-action reviews, under the oversight of the Regional BD Director;
- Provides oversight in design sessions that result in agreed upon program designs responsive to the request for proposal;
- Assures that agreements are formalized with partner and resource organizations; assures that subcontractors and partner organizations have a point of contact;
- Coordinates/leads reviews of Technical and Cost Volumes, including annexes; conducts re-writes and substantial technical editing, as required;
- Manages regular checkpoint meetings with proposal team to ensure adherence to schedule, checks quality and compliance of response, surface potential problems early;
- Takes a lead role in Blue, Red, and Gold team reviews; assembles and organizes relevant documents for the reviews;
- Ensures overall proposal responsiveness to, and compliance with, the solicitation;
- Oversees review process and works closely with technical writers to ensure the proposal is responsive to the evaluation criteria of the solicitation;
- Oversees proposal preparation for production; assures timely proposal submissions to the client;
- Manages and coaches business development associates, specialists, and/or interns;
- Enforces deadlines and timelines and informs the BD Director of any potential problems in meeting deadlines or submitting a compliant and high-quality proposal;
- Takes a lead role in post proposal debriefing meetings to discuss the process and identify lessons learned.
Qualifications– Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Development or a related field and at least 9-11 years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree in a related field and at least 7-9 years of relevant experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of business development and proposal writing experience on proposals of at least $15M in funding;
- Outstanding skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, and communications;
- Outstanding meeting facilitation skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the competitive market within Creative’s technical areas;
- Demonstrated interest and work experience in Europe and Asia; additional experience in other of Creative’s main regions welcomed – MENA, LAC, or Africa
- Commitment to international development and to values-driven work environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Considerable knowledge of and expertise in the international development industry;
- Proficiency in a second language, preferably Russian
- Experience using SharePoint
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.#LI-IB1
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.