The Business Development Specialist (funding development) is a position within the Programme Development and Quality Team.
The NBD Specialist will identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our program strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow out portfolio effectively. The role has an external orientation, but also works very closely with SC Members and the Regional Office.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- University education completed in areas of administration, economy, engineering or any social area with orientation to humanitarian work with a relevant Masters’ Degree or equivalent professional experience in international cooperation, public policies, and results-based management.
- Recommended 5 years experiences in a both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, food security, child poverty, and health and nutrition; experience in both development and complex emergencies preferred.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively with corporate or governmental stakeholders at all levels and pull together input from a diverse team.
- Fluency verbal and writing/editing in English and Spanish, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS40Nzc1NC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpb…