Contract Type: Consultancy
Closing date: 20th August 2021 – Midnight (Fiji Time)
Duty station: Suva, Fiji
Call for Evaluation Consultancy: UNFPA Pacific 6th Sub Regional Programme Evaluation (2018-2022)
UNFPA is seeking a multidisciplinary team of consultants for the following roles:
- An Evaluation Team Leader – Duration of 50 days
- Sexual Reproductive Health Expert – Duration of 37 days
- Gender Expert – Duration of 37 days
- Population and Development Expert – Duration of 37 days
- Young Evaluator – Duration of 40 days
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency. Its mission is to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. Within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD), UNFPA is working towards three transformative results: (i) zero preventable maternal deaths; (ii) zero unmet need for family planning; and (iii) zero gender-based violence and harmful practices, including female genital mutilation and child, early and forced marriage.
The UNFPA Pacific Sub Regional Office (SRO) is currently implementing the 6th Sub Regional Programme (SRP) (2018-2022) with the Governments of the Pacific Island Countries and Territories and other partners. The goal of the SRP is to achieve universal access to sexual and reproductive health, realize reproductive rights and reduce maternal mortality, to improve the lives of women, adolescents and youth. In pursuit of this goal, the UNFPA Pacific SRO seeks to achieve results in the following thematic areas of programming under the SRP: Sexual and reproductive health and rights; Adolescents and youth; Gender equality and women’s empowerment; and Population dynamics**.**
Purpose, objectives and scope:
In line with the 2019 UNFPA Evaluation Policy, the UNFPA Pacific SRO is planning to conduct an evaluation of its 6th SRP (2018-2022). The purpose of the Sub Regional Programme Evaluation (SRPE) is to strengthen accountability to stakeholders, support evidence-based decision-making, and improve learning. The overall objective of the SRPE is to provide an independent assessment of the relevance and performance of the SRP and to broaden the evidence base for the design of the next programme cycle.
The evaluation will cover all interventions in the 3 thematic areas of the SRP, which have been implemented across the Pacific Island Countries and Territories during the programme’s period. The thematic areas are described in the terms of reference (Annex). In addition, the evaluation will also cover cross-cutting issues, such as human rights, gender equality, disability, displacement and migration status and youth, and transversal functions, such as: coordination, monitoring and evaluation, innovation, resource mobilization, strategic partnerships, advocacy and capacity development.
The SRPE will be conducted by a multidisciplinary team of consultants. The consultants should collectively have the qualifications and experience to design and implement a methodologically robust evaluation and cover all the above-mentioned thematic areas of the CP. The evaluation team will consist of:
· Team leader: An international consultant with primary responsibility for the design of the evaluation methodology and the coordination of the evaluation team, as described in the terms of reference. The team leader will also demonstrate the qualifications, experience and skills required to serve as a technical expert for one of the thematic areas.
· Thematic experts: National or International consultants who should demonstrate the qualifications, experience and skills required to serve as technical expert in at least one of the thematic areas, as described in the terms of reference.
· Young and emerging evaluator: A national or international consultant (recent university graduate or young evaluation professional with limited experience) who will provide support to the evaluation team throughout the evaluation process, as described in the terms of reference.
The evaluation team will conduct the SRPE under the supervision of the evaluation manager in the UNFPA Pacific SRO from September 2021 to April 2022, as indicated in the timeframe of the evaluation in the ToR.
In the application, the candidates must clearly indicate the thematic area(s) for which they demonstrate the requested expertise, as well as the role (team leader or team member) that they intend to perform. Based on the qualifications, experience and skills, the candidates may propose to cover more than one thematic area.
Please see the attached terms of reference for more details on the SRPE as well as on the required qualifications and experience of the team leader and team members. ToR also indicates the evaluation timeline and the expected evaluation deliverables.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested individuals with the required qualifications and experience should submit their application to email@example.com, with the subject line “Application for SRP Evaluation consultancy”. The subject line should also clearly indicate the role (e.g. team leader; thematic expert; or young and emerging evaluator) for which they would like to be considered.
The application should include:
· A cover letter, indicating the candidate’s motivation for this consultancy as well as relevant expertise and experience.
· An updated copy of the curriculum vitae (CV) and a duly completed P11 UN Personal History Form.
· Applicants are required to register their profile in the UNFPA Consultant Roster via https://www.unfpa.org/unfpa-consultant-roster
· Names and contact information of three references.
· A recent evaluation report or other type of writing sample in English (from a similar assignment) drafted by the candidate.
· Availability and expected daily rate for consultancy services.
The closing date for the submission of applications is Friday, 20th August 2021 (midnight Fiji time)
Only those candidates who meet all qualifications and experience will be contacted for further consideration. Incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.