You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Do you believe the humanitarian system can, and should, do better? Are you committed to improving cash and voucher assistance as a key part of humanitarian planning and response? Can you influence, motivate, engage, take initiative and inspire? Do you believe in the power of collective action? Do you know the humanitarian landscape in West and Central Africa?
If this sounds like you, then this super exciting position could be yours. We’re looking for someone to build on what has already been done and take it further – the sky is the limit. You’ll use your knowledge and experience of convening and influencing to gather people together, define priorities, and drive forward collective action. Your role will be regionally focused, and globally connected, bringing experience and dialogue together to improve humanitarian action. You’ll need to be up for a challenge, passionate about creating change and a great professional. In return, you’ll be part of a wonderful team and will know you’re helping make a difference.
The Regional Representative maintains and develops a thriving network, creating impact by convening, facilitating and harnessing diverse voices, representing, advocating and influencing for action, in service of CaLP’s vision and goals. The role plays a pivotal part in furthering CaLP’s strategic aims and delivering on our commitments to members and the wider humanitarian community. The post holder leads and ensures the delivery of CaLP’s work in West and Central Africa as part of CaLP’s overall strategy. The role requires highly collaborative ways of working with a myriad of actors, it will involve representing CaLP in regional and global fora.
CaLP is a dynamic global network of over 90 organisations engaged in the critical areas of policy, practice and research in humanitarian cash and voucher assistance (CVA) and financial assistance more broadly. As a CaLP team, we work with and for the CaLP network –keeping our vision front and centre. We mobilise the membership and the wider network to look for collective solutions to collective problems.
Key activities in your role will include
- The Deputy Regional Representative provides technical leadership of the planning and delivery of CaLP’s activities in the region and helps drive forward CaLP’s overall strategy in East and Southern Africa.
- Strategically lead CaLP’s work in the region and lead on some thematic initiatives with global reach.
- Provide internal and external leadership, providing management support to colleagues in your team.
- Foster the development of a vibrant network and driving strategic opportunities, increasing impact through collective action.
- Establish and maintain spheres of influence among CVA actors and beyond, including engagement with donors, IFIs and regional bodies.
- Establish and strengthen strategic relationships, partnerships and alliances within the network and amplify conversations beyond, within and beyond the region.
- Convene members and others to identify key issues, and explore the implications of emerging trends and issues.
- Lead on policy engagement in the region.
- Ensure continued funding for work in the region.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Senior management experience, including strategy development, planning, delivery, and representation in an aid context.
- Experience and professionalism in networking and influencing senior actors across the humanitarian system.
- Understanding of Cash and Voucher Assistance in a humanitarian context in the region
- Understanding of the international humanitarian system at regional and global levels.
- Highly proactive and pragmatic leadership
- Experience in one or more of CaLP’s strategic focus areas.
- Detailed understanding of the regional/countries’ contexts.
- Excellent communication skills, including professional fluency in French and English.
- Experience with major humanitarian donor grant management and reporting procedures.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 24 months
- Base: Dakar, SENEGAL
- Compensation packaged: from 41.700 € and 50.628 € gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience y context. This salary includes a base salary + context plus + living expenses and per Diem ()() in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange)
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
International position, welcoming applications from the region welcome
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Closing Date: 15/06/2021
How to apply
Only applications received through our online service will be considered. Pñease click on the following link to access the service:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org. In case you do not find the job advertisement published here, it means that the selection process has been closed