CARE International has been responding to the Syrian crisis since 2012, commencing with support to refugees in Jordan. The CARE Turkey Country Office was established and registered in August 2013 in response to the dire humanitarian situation experienced by civilian populations across northern Syria. Significant influxes of refugees to Turkey in 2014 expanded CARE’s Turkey operations and resulted in a significant program and operational growth. This pace of growth has continued into 2021. CARE supports communities affected by conflict and/or displacement – especially women, girls, and boys – to become self-reliant, empowered, and able to achieve basic needs and rights.
CARE seeks a world of hope, inclusion, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live in dignity and security. In response to CARE increased Syrian response cross-border humanitarian works the program is now endeavoring to undertake an inside NW Syria direct implementation to address humanitarian needs, enhance the quality of our programming and maximum response capacity and support to CARE’s partners. We are looking for a trustworthy, dynamic, innovative, and resourceful person to join the Area office in the capacity of Hanyman to be based in Jarablus, northern Aleppo, Syria.
To support the effective operation of the CARE Area Offices and related program activities by providing general assistance, specifically with maintenance, in accordance with CARE policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Responsibility #1 Facilities:
- Ensure that all plumbing works and other maintenance is completed for all kitchens, equipment, and appliances.
- Installing all types of electric appliances and in addition to ensure that we have a supply of all basic electric supplies (switches, outlets, wires, etc.)
- Perform maintenance and light repairs to, equipment, and Assist with electrical, networking or HVAC repairs
- Ensuring that all electricity generators are connected to the offices correctly and that power is supplied to all rooms.
- Ensuring that all basic carpentry works is completed (repairing windows and doors and installing locks)
- Dismantling and reinstalling the offices furniture in addition to the glass work (cutting changing and the like).
- Fixing white boards in halls and office rooms.
- Helping the IT department install all related equipment.
- Installing the offices requirements like fire extinguishers.
- Painting rooms and halls when necessary and installing office desks when he is needed to do.
Responsibility #2 Premises and Compound:
- Monitor and replenish stock levels for all office stationeries and consumables
- Ensure that CARE premises are well maintained and that all utilities are effectively managed
- Ensure that CARE offices are clean and neat
- Monitor condition of premises and raise requests for repair and maintenance when required
- Report any security concerns relating to and of the CARE offices and ensure Area Admin officer and Area access officer are informed of all relevant security information promptly
- Maintaining a positive and eager attitude.
- Dedication, seeking individuals who can take initiative and work independently
- Other tasks and responsibilities as directed by Admin Officer
- Industrial high school or Diploma is highly preferred.
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of plumbing, mechanics, electrical and construction
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in areas such as logistics, office/facilities maintenance
- Basic knowledge of hardware, equipment, and materials such as drywall, tile, fasteners, electrical, solar system, electrical generator, etc
- Ability to prioritize a varied workload in a in a rapidly changing work environment
- Experience with hardware tools (such as driller) and electrical equipment.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required
- Willingness to learn and to take on extra duties as required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Trustworthy and honest
- Experience and technical competencies.
- 1 year of previous experience in a similar position.
- Good communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
A valid identity is required for work possession, and the candidate can start work in CARE only upon delivery of all the required documents, also upon submitting any fake or incorrect document, the job offer will be canceled or the employment contract will be terminated if the falsification of files or certificates is detected. Later.
How to apply
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link:
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
* CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employe