As the Senior Policy Advisor, Economic Justice, you will provide analysis of trends and opportunities in relation to how the needs and rights of children can and should be addressed through various forms of funding from global, regional and national level sources, debt relief, taxation and private capital. You will use this analysis to develop recommendations for child focused policy action in regard to all forms of development financing in support of the Sustainable Development Goals, and, as such, World Vision’s Global Impact Framework.
This analysis will also support Advocacy & External Engagement (A&EE) advocacy objectives for the Global Campaign, the 2030 Agenda, as well as objectives of Support Offices (SOs) in relation to Official Development Assistance (ODA) and Regional Offices (ROs)/Field Offices (FOs) regarding domestic resource mobilization/public financing.
- Master’s Degree in economics, international development, political science or related focus.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in policy, research, government relations/external engagement, or other specific fields relevant to this role and World Vision’s work.
- Strong experience and skills in research and analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong experience in the NGO/civil society sector and/or with multilateral organizations (World Bank, IMF, etc.)
- English fluency.
- Second language strong asset (esp. Spanish, French).
- Ability to Travel after Covid restrictions – 10-15%.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online. We will be accepting applications until we find the right candidate. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.