Result of Service
With this individual contractor, CBPF aims to fill the Finance Unit’s staffing shortage and efficient delivery of the financial administration of CBPF projects, which is featured by big volume, great complexity and high time-sensitivity.
21-06-23 to 14-07-23
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall leadership of the Chief of CBPF Section and the direct supervision of the Head of Finance Unit, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
– Review Grant Agreements (GAs) and Grant Agreement Amendments (GAAs) requests, prepare for signature by the Head of Unit, and processes the signed GAs and GAAs in the Grant Management System (GMS).
– Review Fund Transfer Requests (FTRs) to the Multi-Partner Trust Fund Office (MPTFO), prepare for signature by the Head of Unit, and process the signed FTRs in the GMS.
– Undertake review of interim and final financial reports, prepare for clearance by Finance Officers, and process the signed reports in GMS.
– Assist in the setup of Business Partner (BP) and bank account and liaise with the Umoja Master Data Maintenance Team and Treasury to resolve issues.
– Assist in the processing and troubleshooting of project funds disbursement.
– Assist in the research and process of refunds of unused balance of CBPF projects.
– Carry out other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
University degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related area.
A minimum of five years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative service, or related area is required.
Relevant experience within the context of humanitarian affairs is desirable.
Relevant experience in the UN Common System organization or other comparable international organization is desirable.
Experience with extra-budgetary funding is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.