We are a multi-award winning, creative and innovative organisation, with high ambition to make our mark in the mass marketing arena. We’re looking for an experienced fundraiser who is ambitious, proactive and passionate about fundraising and who believes in creating a personal and rewarding experience for the UK public to make a difference to the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children.
The Challenge & Community Executive will be responsible for managing our challenge events and community fundraising portfolio to steward and grow our pool of loyal fundraisers with the aim of increasing our unrestricted income. You will be responsible for the event and campaign management of our national challenge events and community campaigns. You will improve KPIs, increasing net income and create and execute new and exciting campaigns. You will be overseeing the fundraiser journeys for the C&C cohorts, updating and creating useful and inspiring fundraising resources and building strong relationships with our fundraisers.
The Challenge & Community Executive will be responsible for three key areas:
• Managing our challenge events and community fundraising portfolio, helping to nurture our existing pool of loyal fundraisers with the aim of continuing to raise unrestricted income from this audience. You will be a natural relationship builder and enthusiastic about engaging with people. You will be responsible for overseeing the C&C fundraiser journey, managing participants and attending challenge events, updating and creating useful and inspiring fundraising resources, and building strong relationships with our fundraisers and volunteers, inspiring them to raise funds for War Child Uk.
• Recruiting new community and challenge fundraisers to help increase our unrestricted income by growing this audience at War Child. This includes executing new community fundraising campaigns across a variety of media, especially paid and owned digital media with the support of the digital team to create assets and measure performance. You will have a strong project management skills (from planning to evaluation) whilst remaining creative and innovative in your approach.
• Undertake key supporter care duties in relation to community and challenge fundraisers, including responding to queries, maintaining the challenge & community database, and inputting supporter data and financial transactions with the support of the supporter care assistant.
You will ensure that key supporters and potential fundraisers are engaged with War Child, and in turn drive income growth and help to achieve our strategic objectives. You will be a highly engaging and dynamic relationship fundraiser, both internally and externally in order to achieve this.
• Lead on the day-to-day campaign management of challenge events and participant fundraisers as well as new and existing community fundraising initiatives, in order to achieve annual targets, using a variety of channels to do this including email, telephone, mail and digital.
• Closely manage campaign expenditure and income budgets in order to deliver agreed income targets and use against key performance indicators to monitor and assess progress per event and campaign.
• Working closely with other key team members to ensure that all marketing activity and correspondence with fundraisers is in line with compliance regulations set by the IOF, DMA, ICO and Fundraising Regulator and GDPR legislation
• To directly manage relationships with agencies, and 3rd party providers and platforms such as JustGiving, Skyline and Discover Adventure, ensuring value for money.
• Oversee and help to develop our community and challenge fundraising stewardship processes and journeys with the aim of improving fundraiser loyalty and net income.
• To deliver our portfolio of national sporting events through 3rd party event organisers, and lead on the event management of these, including recruitment, supporter care, race-day logistics and post-race receptions.
• Recruit and brief volunteers for national challenge events and ensure that they adhere to War Child’s standards when representing War Child.
• Support the monthly income reconciliation business processes for the C&C area, working closely with the Supporter Care Assistant and data team to ensure all income is reconciled accurately and on time.
How to apply
For a full JD and an application form, please go to our website: https://www.warchild.org.uk/who-we-are/jobs/c%26cmay-2021