VisionFund International is financial empowerment from World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Working together as part of World Vision – VisionFund enables impoverished households to increase their incomes and then impact communities to increase economic activity, access clean water, education and healthcare, benefit from improvements to nutrition, and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish.
For over 17 years, VisionFund has been committed to brighter futures for children where they can experience the love of Christ, building lives free of need and full of promise.
Through our work, every 60 seconds a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for VisionFund Tanzania you will:
- Lead the MFI, building an organisation that honours Christian values by positively impacting the lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and training with a particular focus on the rural areas of Tanzania.
- Create a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks.
- Manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets.
- Work closely with World Vision to develop integrated livelihoods programs, and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operation.
- Deal with all regulatory issues and lead the organisation through the process of conversion into regulated deposit-taking institution in the near future.
- Minimum a Master degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or some other related field.
- Must have at least ten years of working experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, agricultural economics/development, or economic and business development institution.
- Must have a clear understanding of micro finance industry and technology.
- Must have worked experience in regulatory environment and better with institution that intermediate savings.
- Very good communication and marketing skills.
- Travel: 90% Domestic 10% international travel is desired.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 24 AUG 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.*