Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Regional Inclusive Digital Economy Activity. The activity will seek to develop a regional platform to support the development of a thriving and inclusive digital economy in Southeast Asia. This position will be located in Bangkok, Thailand. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, project management, and technical direction for the activity, ensuring that activities align with the project’s vision and partners achieve the expected results
- Formulate strategy and design and direct activities aimed at achieving project goals and maximizing impact
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, counterparts, local and regional partners, and other program stakeholders
- Oversee strategic relationships and promote collaboration among key counterparts, stakeholders, and other donor-funded projects
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify programmatic assistance to achieve results; promote CLA through activity implementation and monitoring; identify issues and risk associated with implementation in a timely manner and guide appropriate adjustments
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff
- Advanced degree in economics, digital economy, ecommerce, business, or other relevant technical fields required; PhD preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience managing projects that are similar in size and scope; experience serving as USAID chief of party or other management experience for efforts of similar scope, size, and complexity is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in some or all of the following technical areas: digital economy and e-commerce, secure and inclusive digital ecosystems, interoperable digital infrastructure, data policies and frameworks, digital skill building, privacy and cybersecurity, and and cross-border regional trade.
- Extensive experience working with counterparts at various levels of the government and private sector in managing international development assistance projects
- Strong technical expertise, good management skills, and extraordinary communication skills
- Strong writing and speaking skills in English
- Experience in Asia is highly desired
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to AsiaDigitalEconomy@chemonics.com by July 25, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.