Chief of Party
Type – Full time
Reporting – President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions, Inc. (Nascent) is an African women-led international development organization founded in 2004 with a mission to harness the creative entrepreneurial skills of target beneficiaries and strengthen their capacity to champion the development agenda of their communities. In the last 17 years, Nascent has mobilized resources and implemented programs in food security, nutrition, education, and maternal and child health, impacting the lives of over 10 million people in several African countries. For more details, visit: www.nascents.org
Nascent is seeking to recruit a Chief of Party (CoP) for an anticipated five-year McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program that helps support education, child development and food security in low-income, food-deficit countries around the globe. The program provides for the donation of U.S. agricultural commodities as well as financial and technical assistance to support school feeding and maternal and child nutrition projects.
Based in Madagascar, the CoP will provide overall strategic direction on the project including establishing and maintaining systems for project operations, coordinating and maintaining working relationships with government partners and other stakeholders, and overseeing technical and effective management of program resources.
Note: Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities **
· Provide the overall strategic direction, management, and technical oversight of the project implementation to achieve desired results.
· Represent the program and present its work regionally to USG agencies, national governments, partners, and other stakeholders.
· Ensure the smooth functioning and coordination of all project processes, including program development and implementation, project finances and administration, outreach and reporting, and program monitoring and evaluation.
· Ensure the technical quality and appropriateness of the services provided through the project and the quality of the results generated.
· Provide technical and management oversight on project personnel and represent Nascent to line ministries, donors and multinationals, technical agencies, and other participating organizations as required.
· Ensure compliance with USG/USDA regulations and procedures, including compliance with Nascent Solutions’ internal policies and guidelines.
· Ensure that all assistance provided under the contract is technically sound and appropriate for needs to be addressed, and ensure the adequate management and supervision of the work of all experts/personnel provided under the agreement.
· Oversee the preparation and presentation of implementation plans, progress reports, and other required donor deliverables.
External Representation and Communication
• Stay informed on global best practices and trends in gender to ensure that they are incorporated into the development of agency priorities and innovations.
• Oversee the production of communications and externally facing products, such as research papers, and participate in “communities of practice” to remain abreast of latest developments, standards, tools, and methodologies within the country.
• Represent the organization in relevant working groups, sector fora, conferences, high-level meetings, and gender cluster meetings and serve as the technical reviewer of proposal submissions.
• Assist in the development and management of external relationships with donors, partners, and other stakeholders, and contribute to the development of strategic partnerships with other organizations to expand Nascent’s reach.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Attributes
· Master’s degree in international development and/or a related area.
· 10+ years of demonstrated experience successfully managing complex USG or other international donor programs, including a minimum of five (5) years of experience as Chief of Party (CoP), Country Director, or equivalent; experience managing similar programs highly desired.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and collaborate with host governments, local communities, donors, other USDA projects, local organizations, and partners and stakeholders at all levels.
· Demonstrated experience with and/or collaboration with private sector/businesses or microfinance is highly desired.
· Proven ability to successfully manage and groom staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Ability to manage cooperative agreements, contracts, and grant-making programs in accordance with all reporting requirements.
· Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the project.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written fluency in English and French; Malagasy language skills are an added advantage.
· Previous in-country experience in an African country is highly desirable.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Chief of Party-MGD-Madagascar” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is May 15, 2021. Madagascar nationals and women are highly encouraged to apply.
Nascent Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.