Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the USAID-funded Bangladesh Ecosystems/Protibesh Activity. The activity aims to build the Government of Bangladesh’s (GOB) capacity to respond to a wide array of threats to biodiversity conservation in collaboration with civil society organizations and community stakeholders. It will also collaborate with and engage local partners in the effective management, protection, and governance of critical forest and aquatic ecosystems while advancing economic incentives to further biodiversity conservation. This activity will target local communities in regions with key biodiversity areas, which include the Sundarbans Reserve Forest in southwestern Bangladesh, the ecologically critical forest and wetland zones of northeastern Bangladesh, and or other regions of the country with critical biodiversity. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall activity leadership and management for results including technical direction for the activity including responsibility for making key decisions and solving programmatic problems in a timely manner
- Lead relationships and communication with USAID and GOB agencies
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Professionally represent Chemonics to USAID, GOB, local partners, and other program stakeholders
- Ensure that work plan, M&E, and reporting efforts are aligned with agreement requirements, activity objectives, and USAID guidance
- Build, lead, and supervise, a team to implement monitor, and adapt project initiatives based on evidence and data to achieve results, and ensure technically sound and politically savvy activities are implemented effectively
- Ensure the activity meets high standards for performance and integrity that comply with applicable USAID regulations and Chemonics policies
- Establish and maintain relationships with national and local government officials, CSOs, the private sector, local partners, and other development partners and USAID implementers
- Advanced degree in natural resource management (NRM), forestry, biology, environmental science, environmental policy, or a related field
- Minimum 15 years of experience in international development with minimum five years proven leadership in similar positions on programs of similar size and scope (NRM, forest management, biodiversity conservation, livelihoods, etc.) working with a broad range of stakeholders, ideally as chief of party
- Strong ability to address and integrate gender responsive activities
- Extensive experience working with counterparts at various levels in a development context
- Previous experience in South Asia, experience in Bangladesh preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of Bengali a plus
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to ProtibeshRecruitCOP@chemonics.com no later than September 8, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who applied to previous COP advertisements for Protibesh should reapply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.