World Vision Guatemala is accepting applications for a Chief of Party (CoP) for an anticipated $25 million five-year USAID-funded education project: Basic Education Quality and Transition to Lower Secondary Activity – BEQT). The new program will support the Ministry of Education and other key actors to improve the quality of education services, aiming to improve the quality of life of young people, particularly indigenous people and young women.
The objectives of the project are:
- Reading, writing, math and social and emotional learning (SEL) outcomes improved.
- Rate of student transition to lower secondary increased.
- Local capacity for sustainability acquired.
The project will be implemented in Baja Verapaz, Huehuetenango, El Quiche, and San Marcos.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Chief of Party, you will be responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the project, as well as for the complete oversight of the project (programmatic, financial, and administrative aspects) and of the project staff. You will lead the coordination with partners, as well as the Government of Guatemala, civil society, private sector and others. You will be responsible for communications with USAID to publicly represent the project and to establish contacts with government institutions and other stakeholders interested in issues related to education in Guatemala, particularly in the project’s focus departments. You will be responsible for ensuring that all project interventions are of high quality and have a measurable impact.
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
- Master’s degree or specialization in public policy, education, political science, or related career. Preference to education, educational management, and pedagogy.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in implementation of development programs and projects.
- 10 years of senior management experience.
- Experience in managing complex USG contracts and agreements required. Mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with USAID, senior government officials and other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs and the private sector.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by 30 SEPT 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
We are dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and contributions to an organisation that provides long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.