The Role: Child Projection Officer
Save the Children (SCI) is seeking to recruit potential candidates to serve as Project Officers for its project’s implementation in Sierra Leone. SCI seeks to establish a database of suitable candidates from all its four Operational areas, either for a new project starting up or replace a Project Officer that has left. Currently, its project sectors are health, education, child protection, livelihoods, governance, and WASH. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Project Officers would be responsible for direct implementation of project activities for a particular project as well as working in collaboration with local partners. The postholder also be required to work in collaboration with local partners. all other staff and partners in the project, and with all other SCI departments and programmes, as well as external stakeholders in the particular district where they are posted.
FOR NATIONALS ONLY
Higher National Diploma with 3 years of experience or WASSCE with 4 years of experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience implementing projects or programmes or community development activities.
- Good written and spoken English; including documentation and report-writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to engage positively with people at all levels.
- Good training/facilitation skills.
- Experience in working with NGOs, local Civil Society Organisations, etc.
- Good skills in computer e.g. MS Word, MS Power Point and Excel.
- Experience in implementing community-based activities in urban or rural areas. Experience in implementing programmes with or for children is an added advantage.
- Experience in external relations with government, community stakeholders and civil society.
- Experience developing activity budgets.
- Willingness to promote gender equality and inclusion.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful, proactive in identifying and addressing challenges, yet consulting and asking for assistance as needed/relevant.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project communities and stay in basic conditions.
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 4 Months
Closing Date: 23rd August, 2021
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply in English using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for the role.
- Candidates should apply through the link that will be provided by Careers.sl.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS44NzU5Ni4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20