CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – CiTEC Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
FHI 360/Philippines (www.fhi360.org) is in search of candidates for CiTEC Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist position to join the USAID-funded “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” (TBIHSS) project in the Philippines. The position is based at the TB Innovations Office in Makati City.
The “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project is a 5-year USAID funded project that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. The Activity will identify and help implement proven approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates and TB cure rates.
JOB SUMMARY: The CiTEC M&E Specialist is responsible for implementing the Activity Management and Evaluation Plan and working closely with the Cebu City-wide TB Elimination Campaign (CiTEC) local team to provide technical assistance to ensure timely and high-quality pilot implementation of the demonstration study using TB as a tracer program. S/he will provide support in surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities, and the development and dissemination of tools, materials, and lessons learned. The Specialist will undertake periodic reviews of project implementation and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the M&E Specialist will:
- Provide support to the Health Systems Strengthening team in the development and implementation of monitoring tools for the City-wide TB Elimination Campaign (CiTEC), which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators.
- Conduct data collection and perform data entry and consolidation, with preparation and sorting of collected information and identifying templates that need to be entered.
- Verify the accuracy of data generated and ensures adherence of activities and outputs with the project M&E framework and reporting requirements.
- Provide support to the Senior Project Officer and the Regional Implementation Manager (RIM) in project monitoring and reporting and to provide guidance and support to partners as needed.
- Supports the coordination, implementation and monitoring of CiTEC interventions such as the conduct of case finding activities, setting up and operationalization of TB Care Provider Network and creation of the Special Health Fund for TB
- Assist in capacitating concerned staff and partners in collecting, organizing, monitoring and reporting data relevant to CiTEC implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of M&E reports as well as quarterly progress reports.
- Help identify, solve and document problems or concerns relevant to CiTEC implementation.
- Consult with the Senior Project Officer and RIM to ensure that activities on CiTEC are implemented in compliance of FHI 360 and donor’s rules and regulations.
- Submit timely progress reports on the implementation of CiTEC activities
- Perform other assignments as requested by the supervisor.
· Project management and M&E skills
· Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team unit
· Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with stakeholders and colleagues
· Ability to collect, validate and help analyze data in an efficient and timely manner
· Competent in using Microsoft Office package, particularly, Word, Excel, and Power Point and with experience using database and data analysis software
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
· Able to routinely visit/monitor target sites in Cebu City
· Based or willing to be based in Cebu City
· At least with a master’s degree or advanced education or its international equivalent or higher in public health, program management, or a related area
· At least with a 5-year work experience in health development sector assisting non-government organization (NGO) or public-sector programs.
· Experience of developing M&E tools especially in TB programs or having worked with projects where systematic input, output and process data were collected and used to guide programming.
· Experience in working with key stakeholders in Philippines strongly desired.
· Experience in engaging the Center for Health Development, local government units, health providers, development partners, and other key stakeholders in public health.
· Knowledge and experience in M&E and USAID reporting requirements is an advantage.
· Experience working in a USAID project preferred
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply
Send letter of intent and updated CV/resume directly to FHI360 Career Site and/or firstname.lastname@example.org in single pdf file on or before July 5, 2021 following the heading format in the subject title/line: FHI360-TBIHSS-Position Applied For -Last Name of Applicant (example: FHI360- TBIHSS**-** CiTEC M&E Specialist -Cruz). Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.