- Experience 5-10
- Qualification BSC, MSC/MBA
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cluster Supervisor
Locations: Kano, Kaduna, Niger and Jigawa (LGAs within the State)
Established in 2003, Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organization specializing in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases, among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions. We work in Africa and Asia with communities, governments, academic institutions, and local and international organizations, to ensure effective delivery of services, which are supported by strong evidence.
- Oversee SMC activities at cluster level and directly implement all SMC activities in the assigned LGA, including timely implementation of work plan, planning meetings, commodity distributions and monitoring to avoid any stock out, Community mobilization activities, supervision, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure accountability of received commodities and supplies through tracking consumption levels and review of reconciliation reports
- Responsible for capacity building of field partners (LGA Field Officers, Supervisors, HFW, CDDs, and community mobilisers) through training, on-job support and quality supervision.
- Track program targets and timely implement the planned activities to ensure program meets targets and review reports from LGAs and HFW for accuracy and completeness prior to submission.
- Ensure implementation of activities is in line with the laid down protocols, by continuously monitoring and conducting supervision and on-job training of LGA, HFW and CDDs
- Maintain a good relationship and work jointly with – Public Health Officers and other partners to undertake home visits, meetings and to ensure health LGA’s ownership.
- The purpose of this ToR is to engage consultants as Cluster Supervisors that will support a cluster of four/five local government areas (LGAs) in the intervention states to carry out SMC activities through the LGA Field Officers in those LGAs.
- The Cluster Supervisor will also have direct responsibility for implementation of SMC activities in an LGA within the cluster
Qualifications and Experience
- Clinical Officer, nurse or Public Health or development-related qualification
- At least five years’ field experience in related field
- Fluency in English, Hausa and/or other local languages is required
- Experience working in drug/commodity supply management, ME and logistics
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including LGA staff, HFW and community leaders
- Experience of conducting quality supportive supervision and data use.
Application Closing Date
12PM: 2nd April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Those that are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should apply.
- Kindly indicate LGA Field Officer and your preferred location (State and LGA) on your CV well as in the Subject Title of your email application.
- Kindly note that applications who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Individuals blacklisted from implementing the Global Fund grants are not eligible to apply for any of the advertised positions.