Overview of position
· The Urban Water for Darfur Project (UW4D) aims to attain sustainable and more equitable access to water supply, improved sanitation services and hygiene behaviour for 400,000 urban poor people in two State capitals (300,000 in El Fasher in North Darfur and 100,000 Zalengei in Central Darfur), with an institutional capacity component, targeting the Urban Water Administrations in El Geneina (West Darfur) and Nyala (South Darfur), included to support sustainability. The project further seeks to reduce the current cost of water to households served under this project by at least seventy percent, making it affordable for the most marginalized population
· The project has diverse communication needs relating to knowledge management, project information dissemination and support to communication improvement of UWAs.
· Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, UW4D, the position supports the UW4D Project communications with external stakeholders, communications projects of four water utilities in Darfur (Geneina, Nyala, Zalingei and el Fasher) and preparation of materials for knowledge management library.
· The Media & Communications Consultant post is located in the UW4D project team, SWC/our client office in Darfur (el Fasher). The consultant works in close collaboration with our client, UNICEF, and government staff to implement the ToR.
Summary of Key Functions:
· Development of UW4D communication strategy and implementation of UW4D communications strategies and procedures, including preparing brochures, social media posts, managing video production and other media items
· Lead development of website with service provider, content management of UW4D website and managing website updates
· Supporting the development of communications strategies and project plans, through knowledge sharing, in four urban water utilities in Darfur and training UWA staff in communications
· Assisting in preparing SOPs and training materials based on project lessons.
· Support communications for workshops, including translating presentations into attractive formats and graphics
· UW4D communication strategy (5 page)
· Publication of brochures, press releases, pamphlets, etc.
· Social media posts
· Videos on project
· Capacity building and knowledge management website
· Formatted and attractive training materials
· Templates and formats for operating procedures
· Branding of Capacity building and utility performance management initiative
· Attractive formats and graphics for presentations
· Translated presentations
· Training workshop on communications strategies for UWAs
· Communication project plans for UWAs.
· Effective Communication
· Integrity and Inclusion
· Results Orientation
• First university degree in Liberal Arts, journalism, communications or similar with experience in Communication.
• Secondary education required.
• Outstanding copywriting and editing skills in English and either Arabic.
• Experience in communications materials development
• Experience with web publishing and website management.
· Management of suppliers for website design and development
· Management of UWA staff in developing project plans
· Management of videographers
· Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: