The Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (the Network) was founded in 2013 as a response to the growing awareness among peace mediation organizations and the United Nations, that religious and traditional actors are vital, but often underutilized, actors in peacemaking processes. The Network strengthens peacemaking through collaboratively supporting the positive role of religious and traditional actors in peacebuilding processes and through connecting them to national and international peacebuilders. Since its founding, the Network Secretariat has been hosted by Finn Church Aid (FCA), Finland’s largest development agency and provider of humanitarian aid.
The Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers seeks a highly motivated Communications and Digital Media Associate to assist the Communications Coordinator in the development and implementation of impactful written and visual content across the Network’s social media channels and its Faiths4Vaccines initiative. Ideal candidates will have a passion for design, creating original content and possess a keen interest and general understanding of national and international affairs. The candidate will also support the Faiths4Vaccines initiative, an inclusive, multifaith movement working to identify and resolve current gaps in vaccine mobilization, outreach, and uptake. The incumbent will be employed by FCA Americas but seconded to the Network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Network’s overall social media efforts through content design/curation, video production/management, and the development of impactful social media posts and material.
- Grow and expand the Network’s presence into new social media platforms, plus increase presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Monitor social media trends and practices. Evaluate emerging social media platforms for adoption by the Network.
- Support the development and implantation of virtual marketing and social media campaigns and promotion strategies, including content ideation and implementation schedules.
- Create and distribute engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages.
- Provide post creation, copy-editing, and quality assurance assistance to the Communications Coordinator, ensuring content presentation is effective and accurate.
- Support in website maintenance.
- Use various technological tools to create and edit videos for use on social media and web channels.
- Provide event-planning support, including the design of visual materials.
- Strategize with Network staff and members on upcoming social media campaigns and initiatives.
- Provide training and guidance to Network staff and members on social media implementation best practices and strategies.
- Support administrative tasks (as necessary).
- Serve as a liaison with faith leaders, medical professionals, and local health officials to increase Faiths4Vaccines participation and advance the initiative goals.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with local and national faith-leaders and their staff.
- Schedule, attend and report on Core Group Meetings, Roundtable discussions, introductory meetings and other meetings, as necessary.
- Identify and interview faith leaders who have conducted efforts to vaccinate populations and/or quell hesitancy.
- Develop communications materials, including promotional videos, PSAs and social media content.
- Film, edit, and produce video footage of various faith-led vaccination efforts.
- Support in the organization of Faiths4Vaccines events, including the Faiths4Vaccines National Summit.
- Research faith-led vaccination efforts in the U.S. and globally.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience; in lieu of a degree, 5 years’ professional communications experience; emphasis on social media creation, graphic design, storytelling, and video creation preferred.
- Strong functional knowledge of social media principles, practices, and the desire to apply that knowledge in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated experience in using design software such as the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) HTML, iMovie (or similar platforms), email and content management systems experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong attention to detail and coordination skills to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize and produce high-quality work deliverables under high-pressure time constraints.
- Strong computer skills, especially Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Willingness to learn on the job, innovate, and take lessons-learned into future projects.
- General knowledge of international affairs.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The Associate and the Network clearly understand that:**
· The position is based in Washington, DC and will be considered “remote” until the current DC health emergency is rescinded. **
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must correctly submit all the documents outlined in this section in order to be considered. Preference will be given to candidates who possess extensive experience using social media platforms and graphic design.
- A resume and a cover letter – failure to submit both will result in your application being rejected.
- Two design samples (or link to online portfolio).
Candidates selected as finalists will be asked to submit writing samples, professional references or letters of recommendation upon request.
Please send all requested material at the same time to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Communications and Digital Media Associate” in the subject line.
Applications must be submitted by May 16, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
*FCA Americas is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law. **