Are you a bilingual (French/English) self-starter with a knack for creative writing? Do you excel at speech writing, blogging, and storytelling? Do you believe health is a human right? If so, you may be our next Communications Associate. Integrate Health seeks a capable new team member to play a critical role in elevating Integrate Health’s profile to help achieve our mission. Reporting to the Chief Partnership Officer and working collaboratively with senior staff including the CEO, you will have the opportunity to help craft the story of Integrate Health. Your growth mindset, high level of attention to detail, and clear writing skills will be essential in enabling Integrate Health to expand access to high-quality healthcare.
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of factors, including level of experience and the cost-of-living in the city you work from. For example, the annual salary for this position in the US will be between $40,000 and $55,000.
About Integrate Health
Integrate Health (IH) is a rapidly growing global health organization working to serve remote communities in West Africa and New York. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right, and we are committed to making this a reality in the countries in which we work. Integrate Health works alongside governments and the local community to implement and study an integrated approach to strengthening primary healthcare delivery in order to achieve universal health coverage. By integrating professional Community Health Workers with improved care in public clinics, this approach creates a patient-centered health system that is accountable to the community and dramatically reduces mortality in severely resource-limited settings. For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
Integrate Health offers a generous benefits package including:
· Aetna health, vision, and dental insurance.
· 401k retirement plan with employer match up to 3%.
· Minimum 20 vacation days/year plus office closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
· 10 days of sick leave.
· 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (pertains to birth or adoption) after first 12 months employment.
· 16 hours of paid leave each year to participate in volunteer programs.
· Other benefits offered: Travel insurance, shared office space, need-based salary advances, flexible hours, professional development opportunities.
We are seeking a Communications Associate who will be a key member of our Development and Communications team. They will work with staff across Integrate Health, most closely with the Development and Communications Coordinator, to execute on the communications strategy, develop content and support story-telling efforts, and advance thought leadership.
- Content Generation
· Consistently manage the editorial calendar as a living document and schedule.
· Ensure consistent messaging across teams to support brand identity.
· Generate content for diverse IH platforms including but not limited to website, blogs, insight articles, op-eds, Annual Report, email newsletters, video production, etc.
· Work closely with the Development and Communications Coordinator and the Togo-based Communications team to contribute to ongoing story banking to ensure personal accounts of our work in Togo are shared widely and systematically.
· Support other content and multi-media production as requested.
- Thought Leadership
· Monitor media platforms and track relevant thought leaders in the field, promoting opportunities to engage on the global level in the movement towards universal health coverage and gender equity.
· Support senior leadership as the external face of Integrate Health by researching and preparing talking points and other relevant materials on pertinent issues.
· Copywrite and co-write think pieces to advance organization’s mission.
· Collaborate across teams to increase authorship among staff.
- Speaking Engagement Preparation
· Support the CEO and other staff in preparing for external speaking engagements through researching the venue/event, relevant topics, etc. and propose talking points.
· Develop slide decks, press releases, talking points, or any other necessary collateral for the speaking engagement.
· Draft scripts for speeches and provide coaching/prep assistance to the speaker.
· Coordinate and support needs relating to the engagement, including coordinating schedules, drafting of reports, etc.
- Social Media Management
· Develop and manage social media schedule and content to ensure that events, news, and programmatic updates are optimally posted.
· Ensure that Integrate Health’s social media channels are up to date including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
What Are We Looking For?
· Fluency in English and French required
· People who can bring new perspectives to the organization (recruiting for culture add rather than culture fit)
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Some communications or nonprofit experience (1-2 years)
· Excellent, demonstrated writing skills
· Excellent, demonstrated oral and written communication skills
· Solid copy editing and content management skills across all platforms
· A deep commitment to anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-neocolonial ideals
The ideal candidate is a sound communicator, self-directed, and professional. They are a team player who loves to collaborate with a passionate and growing team. The Communications Associate may have varied skills or interests not captured within this job description: we want to cultivate your skills to complement our team of self-starters.
What will get us excited?
· 3+ years of experience
· Experience with creating content and managing social media
· Experience with graphic design
· Experience managing communications/editorial calendars and public relations
· Competence using MailChimp and website management
· Knowledge of or experience in global health
IH values include efficacy, empowerment, commitment, transparency, and respect. IH expects that the Communications Associate will model and embody these values and will have the following characteristics:
· Diplomatic and humble learner with the ability to listen
· Growth mindset and lifelong learner attitude
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with demonstrated ability to earn respect of colleagues and partners from diverse backgrounds
· Experience in development or communications at a not-for-profit organization preferred
· Must be extremely detailed oriented, organized, and efficient
Integrate HealthIntegrate Health· Must be committed to social justice and to the fundamental rights of all humans
How to apply
Please submit a resume and responses to the three questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Associate in the subject line.
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What is one reason you think you’d be a good fit for this position?
- What is one strength you would bring to this position?
Please keep total question responses to a maximum of one page. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Integrate Health is committed to being an anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-neocolonial, and pro-equity organization. We acknowledge that this is an ongoing process and that we will always have more work to do to identify, unpack, and interrupt the ways dominance shows up in our organization and our sector. You can read more here about the work we have undertaken to date. Integrate Health was founded as a response to what we perceived as failures in the aid community to do what was right.
Integrate Health undertakes the hard work of engaging communities and tackling hard and structural challenges in healthcare, all in a way that is led by local leaders.
We place a high value on diversity and the benefits that come from having employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The hiring process will include the following steps:
- Review submitted applications
- Conduct 20-minute screening interviews for shortlisted candidates
- Request that shortlisted candidates submit a practical assessment (designed to take no more than two hours to complete)
- Conduct skills-based interviews for 3-5 candidates
- Request references
- Conduct final interview if necessary
- Make offer
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, but candidates who proceed to step 2 will be notified if they are not chosen for step 3.